Light advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a thought - if it applies to your diving; a coiled cable could make for a *really* bad day if you're doing dives that require running line.

Not necessarily so. It would just be a matter of having the reel in one hand and the light in the other. That should provide enolugh distance between the two to prevent any tangles.

Just a thought - if it applies to your diving; a coiled cable could make for a *really* bad day if you're doing dives that require running line.

Not necessarily so. It would just be a matter of having the reel in one hand and the light in the other. That should provide enolugh distance between the two to prevent any tangles.

Unless you clip off your light, line and cord are bound to be in the same vicinity at times :) That said, line is evil and wants to kill you. So for my purposes, I much prefer to minimize gear that has the potential to easily catch and make a mess. My line skills are "ok", but not good enough that I'd bet I'd never get a bit of loose line going :wink:

Yeah, coiled cables are a problem waiting to happen. Henrik is 100% right.

Back
Top Bottom