Liability Insurance for Scuba Clubs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Wookie

We are certainly on the same page

They club would possibly need a "single purpose multi coverage insurance" for the ice diving event
Generally very expensive-- shop around for coverage

Many of the LA OC & SD California dive clubs have either disbanded or gone under the insurance umbrella of a local shop.

Sam Miller, !!!

Got off of chat with the past president of Sea Gypsies. They do not insure themselves for events and travel, they prefer to allow the venue to assume all of the liability.

Good luck with that for your event.

Got off of chat with the past president of Sea Gypsies. They do not insure themselves for events and travel, they prefer to allow the venue to assume all of the liability.

Good luck with that for your event.

Thanks. In regards to the two clubs you are in, are you considering them insured when a member adds them as an additional insured on their policy or does the clubs themselves have their own group liability insurance with V&B, Witherspoon, etc.

Thanks. In regards to the two clubs you are in, are you considering them insured when a member adds them as an additional insured on their policy or does the clubs themselves have their own group liability insurance with V&B, Witherspoon, etc.
The clubs have facility insurance with a 2 million dollar commercial general liability policy. They don't need the equipment repair or the sales or facility or compressed air parts, just the travel and event portions. Here's a way to get an online quote which won't cost you a thing. First Dive Program | Johnson, Kendall & Johnson

The clubs have facility insurance with a 2 million dollar commercial general liability policy. They don't need the equipment repair or the sales or facility or compressed air parts, just the travel and event portions. Here's a way to get an online quote which won't cost you a thing. First Dive Program | Johnson, Kendall & Johnson
I just looked over the app. Looks like you may have to get a rider because you don't need much besides the dive travel (if you arrange it) and events. I just bought a very basic policy with a facility only building contents, one instructor, no travel, no building, etc. (I don't teach anymore, but I have a plethora of equipment left) for about 2 grand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom