LH/SH Config

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I personally use the 40 inch hose just like a standard length hose. Loops out to my right.

A pictures worth a thousand words:

image.jpg

40" bows out quite a bit if you run it straight out, but it can be done. I prefer 36" for this, makes air sharing nice and comfy.

Halocline, I guess as a big guy I've never been able to run a 5', and the 7' actually is a bit snug without an angle adapter, but to me I'd rather stuff the hose in my waist strap or under a canister light simulator in open water if I'm going to bother with it. It is much more comfortable and I've seen that from many other people. That all said, I don't use a long hose unless I'm in an overhead, I've been using a 40/44" with angle adapter since 2009 for backmount in open water. The only real disadvantage to this is you do have to clip it off any time you take it out of your mouth since it can't lay on your neck or shoulder.

The 40" does bow out quite a bit but in most circumstances I haven't found it to be an issue. You can see it in the picture on my profile (keep in mind that was before I switched to a necklace backup but the primary hose is the same.)

Obviously what Buddhasummer showed is much more elegant and should be given serious consideration.

funny, even a 7' hose is borderline short for me to route properly....

It's about what works for your type of diving. Anything from 40" to 7'+ is appropriate if it provides a safe means to effectively provide gas to a second individual...

Specific forms of diving require implementing specific measures.

(as to needing a can light for long hose, I have not been using one, but have put a knife on my belt. the hose tucks under the sheath.)

Another example of 40 inch on primary and 22 inch bungeed backup. I used the 90 degree elbow buddhasummer linked but have since switch to a swivel. Rubber hose.

image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom