Let's talk about the DRIS 1000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been running one for years as well. 200' dives in Truk, warm water, cool water, Bahamas, been around a lot. Abused as a small hammer a few times. A little lube on the O-rings once every couple of years. It really is a good light and a good value. The beam is pretty good as well. Enough spot to be a pointer and useful for signaling. Enough spill to see what is around you. Sorry Bobby, but I like the DRIS 1000 beam pattern a little better than the UWLD light.

The only place the DRIS is not a good light is when you have a camera to go with it. photos all come out in tunnel vision. A little spot of something overlit with a whole lot of dark around it.

Sorry Bobby, but I like the DRIS 1000 beam pattern a little better than the UWLD light.
I love everything about Bobby and UWLD except his beam pattern. He is a great guy with a stand up company. But in anything but crystal clear caves, I hate the amount of backscatter from his lights. Give me a lightsaber beam anyday.

I likewise have two of the DRIS 1000 lights. They have been flawless for many years. The first of them was originally a 500 lumen light. The anodizing started to fail after a year or two, so I sent Mike an e-mail. Next thing I knew, I had a 1000 and a return label in hand to send the 500 back. I bought the 2nd 1000 shortly thereafter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom