Let's Invade Oklahoma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Timeliner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Some of us have been thinking about planning some dive get togethers at Lake Broken Bow , Oklahoma.
It's a pretty nice place to go and I don't have to tell the folks who have been that it's a pretty decent dive site as well. 2 "easy to deal with" dive shops sorta close ( 14 miles) and easy entry shore dives with some nice walls if you like that and deep if your into that ( 140+ft )
Beavers Bend State Park is on the lake and offers neat cabins. There is a marina and camping too and a way cool lodge there on the lake if you want to rough it upscale. The location is at the foot hills of the Ozarks and just a few miles North of Texas. Lake access/entry/boat ramp use is free and camping fees are minimal. (it's my secret dive spot 90 minutes from Paris)

I like to go to the " Stevens Gap area " AKA ~ Diving the Dip " It offers good shore entry , beauty, numerous small islands, and is close to the walls if one has a boat or a " Sea-Doo" ( I'm bringin' mine :wink: )

Summer time is great there but some of us might want to do a bit of late Winter/Spring diving too ! Anyway... think on it and lets see what happens
I have some Summer time reviews here with photos:

http://www.frankpoye.com/scuba/

I would be looking at the earliest say mid to late March,,,,but would like to join up with other Swampers and Frank to dive Ten Killer.

Ok since I live in Oklahoma I wouldn't be invading but would still be interested in joining you just let me know when. :D

I will be up for it after I get certified. So summer time will be great. I will attest that Beavers bend is a beautiful park. I have been fly fishing up there more then a few times. I have not been up there in 2 years but the last time I was up there they had a great little restaurant inside the park. Oh yea the cabins are the way to go in winter time tents in November/December was not the smartest thing I have ever done. Lots of hiking trails to explore below the dam. My favorite part of the park is the spillway creek, but that was for fishing I wonder what I will think my favorite part will be once I am diving

texdiveguy:
I would be looking at the earliest say mid to late March,,,,but would like to join up with other Swampers and Frank to dive Ten Killer.
where is and what is ten killer

Lukiedukie:
I will be up for it after I get certified. So summer time will be great. I will attest that Beavers bend is a beautiful park. I have been fly fishing up there more then a few times. I have not been up there in 2 years but the last time I was up there they had a great little restaurant inside the park. Oh yea the cabins are the way to go in winter time tents in November/December was not the smartest thing I have ever done. Lots of hiking trails to explore below the dam. My favorite part of the park is the spillway creek, but that was for fishing I wonder what I will think my favorite part will be once I am diving

LD I love your countdown timer...

demented..ten killer is a lake in Oklahoma.

count me in dates pending

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom