Let's HONOR Lt. Col. Pasley!! (RSVP needed)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OCdiving Deb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Dear So Cal Dive Community,

One of our own, Melvin Pasley, is being deployed to Iraq in just a few weeks and he is scheduled to be there for 18 months as a Lieutenant Colonel in the US Army Reserves.

Many of you have probably met Mel Pasley on a beach dive somewhere between Malibu and San Diego, or you have benefited from the work he has done to update the Sandeater's beach dive site pages. Others of you have met him at ScubaBoard dive events or read his often-helpful posts.

Let's get the Southern California dive community together to wish him well and thank him for serving our country. I need to know approximately how many of us can be there so that I can nail down a location.

WHEN: Saturday, April 22, 2006 (7 pm or so)

WHERE: Someplace NEAR Marina Pacifica in Long Beach

Please rsvp@OCdiving.com to tell me:

1) If you can SURELY make it, or POSSIBLY make it, or CANNOT make it.

2) Number of people to surely or possibly be there.

3) Contact info for you.

I'll ask that each person pay their own way and chip in a bit for Pasley's dinner & drinks. It's the least we can do! The price range can be determined once we know where it will be. It won't be McDonald's and it won't be the Montage - something in between!

Please give your preliminary RSVP ASAP.

Thanks all!

I'm in and I've sent my email!

I look forward to giving Mel a proper send off and look forward to welcoming him back home 18 months later.

Christian

Wouldn't miss it for the world. Myrna and I will be there.

Wish I could make it. I want to go so bad, but, I have a Reef Check class that day in Santa Barbara.

I will just have to say my goodbye this weekend at Vets, unless Mel is up for another dive before he goes:wink:

Rick

Thanks for organizing this, Debbie.

I'll be there absolutely, party of one :D .

email is, uh.... in the mail!

See you on the 22nd,
Claudette

Jaye and I should be there, too.

Ken

Mo2vation:
Jaye and I should be there, too.

Ken

Hmmm. It seems SOMEONE (aka bunnyboy) can't follow directions. But I'm glad you'll both be there!! I just sent emails out to all who replied the CORRECT way so I'll dig up your email address and send it to ya.

Here's the latest. If you didn't already receive an email from me this afternoon but you thought you had sent a prelim RSVP, then please let me know! I think I got everyone but who knows?? And if you didn't yet send a prelim RSVP, it's not too late for you!! Now we know where it will be and we're moving forward with a solid plan.

Well, we are surpassing the threshold for doing this the simple way. That's a good thing because the more, the merrier!

:42: :42: :42: :42: :42: :42: :42: :42: :42: :42: :42:

When I first began thinking about this dinner for Melvin, I imagined something like beer & pizza. Then I realized that many of us will be on the Sundiver that day, diving with fellow ScubaBoarders. :goldfish: Melvin has decided to join us on the dive now, too! With that in mind, I’ve reserved space for us at a restaurant near the Sundiver - Buster’s Beach House – a place with lots of Aloha, a view of Alamitos Bay, and flavorful food. Just load your scuba gear into your car and walk to dinner if you’re on the boat with us that day!

Buster's Beach House

Since there will be many of us, we need to order banquet-style and pay up front. I’ve got a PayPal account and so we’ll use that. I’ve already placed a deposit to hold our reservation.

**If we know ahead of time that we won’t have enough people to require the banquet-style, I can refund your dinner money (less the donation for Mel & Jane’s dinner & small PayPal fee) and everyone will be able to order from the regular menu. Buster’s wants to be sure we are happy with their food & service and they know that having more than 20 people will require the banquet-style. Either way, they’ll seat us all together in Paradise Cove.

Your menu choices are:

Macadamia Nut Crusted Chicken – Boneless chicken breast served with garlic mashed potatoes, ginger soy glaze and Hawaiian chutney.

Pork Luau - Cooked seven hours in banana leaves, served with Hawaiian chutney and jasmine coconut rice. (This is their most popular banquet menu entrée)

Gidget’s Cut Prime Rib - A generous 10 ounce slice of slow-roasted USDA Choice prime rib of beef, cooked Medium, served with garlic mashed potatoes, onion tumbleweed and gaucho sauce.

All entrees include unlimited coffee and soda service, Hawaiian rolls and butter, fresh Buster's Caesar salad and dessert - :icecream1 Macadamia Nut Ice Cream with Caramel Sauce.

We gladly accommodate any vegetarian or special dietary needs (like dressing on the side). Advance notice is appreciated.

Prices below include 8.25% tax, 18% service charge AND a $5 donation toward Mel and Jane’s dinner & drinks, along with a small Paypal charge. Alcohol is extra.

Macadamia Nut Crusted Chicken - $34.03

Pork Luau – $36.63

Gidget’s Cut Prime Rib - $41.82

Please send me an email to tell me your entrée choice(s) and I’ll send you instructions for paying via PayPal. I hope to wrap up the planning on this ASAP so I appreciate your quick reply. Thanks!

Please email me at this special address so I don’t miss anyone.

Thanks all!

Back
Top Bottom