Let there be light!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes it is... But the common misperception regarding duct tape is that it is water proof, under no circumstances is this true.

But yes if I was stranded on a desert isle I would need butler monkeys, supermodels, and yes duct tape!

On a more serious note, what about the O-rings on the battery compartment; lubricant like the housing O-ring or not?

The O ring has a special lubricant that comes with the strobe. I'm not sure if it was the problem or not - just guessing it was not seated correctly even though the hatch locked in place.

I do have to take issue with the statement that duct tape is not waterproof. That was it's original purpose ie to be waterproof. And it is (kind-of).

I went on a weekend canoe trip once. We were in the river about 10 minutes when I noticed the canoe was filling with water. We pulled it up on the bank, emptied it and found the seem had split over the winter. You guessed it, a little (well actually a lot) duct tape and it did not leak again the whole weekend.

I made the suggestion slightly in jest, but duct tape over the seem before the dive might be some insurance.

Back
Top Bottom