Let it Rain.........................

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubashawn123

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Rain fills our rivers, Lakes, streams and springs..............

Rain report from Round Rock Texas this morning:

3.70 inches of rain fell on my rain gauge in about an hour and twenty minutes.

Round Rock is the recharge zone for the San Marcos Springs.

I say bring it on.............

wondering how everyone else is weathering in Central Texas :cool2:

A group of divers had just completed their first dive at Wreck Alley when the sky turned black and rain dropped out of the clouds. I thought Giant Stride was going to become a new wreck feature.....

Rain fills our rivers, Lakes, streams and springs..............

Rain report from Round Rock Texas this morning:

3.70 inches of rain fell on my rain gauge in about an hour and twenty minutes.

Round Rock is the recharge zone for the San Marcos Springs.

I say bring it on.............

wondering how everyone else is weathering in Central Texas :cool2:

Not quite true. Round Rock is in the northern section of the Edwards and San Marcos is a completely different section. You have a 'no flow' boundary at the Colorado River and another one in between Kyle and Buda. Wish that your rain could make down there but not a chance.

In addition, you need a rainfall rate of 1 3/4" a hour to break through the cedar trees so that a contribution can be made to ground water. At a rate less than that all the water is lost through evapotranspiration. If we get a couple more rains like this one over the next couple of days, then we will see the spring flow in San Marcos increase substantially.

Here is the link to the USGS station in San Marcos, USGS Real-Time Water Data for USGS 08170500 San Marcos Rv at San Marcos, TX

Not quite true. Round Rock is in the northern section of the Edwards and San Marcos is a completely different section. You have a 'no flow' boundary at the Colorado River and another one in between Kyle and Buda. Wish that your rain could make down there but not a chance.

In addition, you need a rainfall rate of 1 3/4" a hour to break through the cedar trees so that a contribution can be made to ground water. At a rate less than that all the water is lost through evapotranspiration. If we get a couple more rains like this one over the next couple of days, then we will see the spring flow in San Marcos increase substantially.

Here is the link to the USGS station in San Marcos, USGS Real-Time Water Data for USGS 08170500 San Marcos Rv at San Marcos, TX

So let me know.............the Round Rock recharge zone fills which springs?

Barton? Edwards Aquaifer?

I'll go look it up in my books again..........must have been in a daze from work thinking about Aquarena again and living so far North............and so glad to see it rain all day.........

Rain total here was 4.09 in my backyard.............about time

:D

I sure that there are some small springs in that section of the Edwards, probably in or near the San Gabriel River and Brushy Creek would be another good bet. The recharge characteristics of the northern Edwards are completely different from the southern potions. For the Barton and San Marcos sections most of the recharge is through fault in creek beds. In the northern section the recharge is directly from sheet flow with little or no recharge in stream beds.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom