Length of regulator hoses - recreational setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It looks like for the 40" under the arm, that the hose should come off the bottom LP port, as in one pointing down, if possible, as opposed to one of the horizontal ports?

For example, as on the Atomic Z2 first stage, use the port on the end that points down when the reg is mounted?

It looks like for the 40" under the arm, that the hose should come off the bottom LP port, as in one pointing down, if possible, as opposed to one of the horizontal ports?

For example, as on the Atomic Z2 first stage, use the port on the end that points down when the reg is mounted?

it is one of the two ideal options. The other is to put it all the way over and have the octo come out the bottom

it is one of the two ideal options. The other is to put it all the way over and have the octo come out the bottom

Well, one of the local LDS had a sale last week, and while I went in for defog and maybe a new mask strap, I ended up with a new wetsuit, 40" hose and 90 elbow. No defog and no new mask strap. Go figure.

(Mostly kidding)

Thanks to the advice above from tbone1004, here's what the finished under-the-arm setup looks like.

Until I saw his comments, I was wondering about where to bring off the LP hose for the primary 2nd stage. NONE of the videos that discuss the "streamlined rec setup" with the under the arm routing show the first stage or hose routing except from the front.

I'm sure this will confuse the dive boat crew on my next vacation. They were weirded out the first time I showed up with a necklaced 2nd stage. Hopefully after 10 years, they'll be more familiar with this kind of setup :)

I'm sure someone will let me know if I've done it wrong, or need to get a backplate and wing :)

Thanks, tbone!

IMG_20180822_183756.jpg
IMG_20180822_183932.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom