Lembeh, pls help! where will I be happiest?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's fabulous here. Originally, I was concerned that I'd be * the* single amongst couples. LOL it is to laugh. I'm the ONLY guest. :) very very sweet

The weather was beautiful yesterday, not so much today but considering what we seek here and how we seek, weather matters not.

This resort is indeed splendid! I highly recommend it.

Weather beautiful again today. Nudibranch everywhere. Bring your superseding magnifying glass!! :) mandarins fish just hanging out in the daylight amongst some corals
mimic octopus, more decorator crab, ribbon eels and again with the hairy frog fish and one of the most huge frogfish I've ever seen. Had no idea they came serving plate size! Juvenile fish of every kind and miniscule! The guides here have amazing eyesight!

It was nice today! We dove Nudi Retreat and TK3 and Serena Point. We had Coleman Shrimp, Zebra Crab and Bargabanti highlighting the first dive. And TK3 was fantastic unfortunately my Camera was on the boat because a small housing leak. We had a female Hairy Frog fish with a male Shaggy tucked right in besides her. Plus Mimic, Ornate Ghostpipe, Robust Ghostpipe, Tocezuma Shrimp, and more that my lame memory can't recall. It was one of those great dives that keeps me coming back here.
Watch out for the flu bug that's going around luckily it only a 24 hr one but let's just say it wasn't just water I was clearing out of my mask today.

"Chilly", I'm not sure I understand if you said this in response to the change in management at Murex, and if so, why?

"Luko, I feel you Dude. Some parts of Indonesia's visa change regulations may not be good for all the locals. :("

NAD Lembeh. Stayed there for 2 weeks this past spring. Great setup. Nice rooms. Super clean. Good food. Very helpful staff. Probably the best camera room setup I have ever seen at a resort. I stayed in the cabana but I would stay in the garden view room next time I go. They have a 1 to 2 diver to guide ratio. They let you dive your own profile.

So after seeing the hairy and shaggy combo and not having my camera, we went back to TK3 after a day elsewhere. So where's my photos of that cool combo? I never had the opportunity. We looked and looked, scratched our heads and looked some more. They were no where to be found. My guess they are now enjoying first class accommodations of their way to someone's aquarium.
That's the dirty little secret of Lembeh, find something really cool or rare, and be so stupid as to share it and an enterprising guide will go and fetch it for their buyer in Hong Kong or Singapore.
That's the second time I have made this kind of mistake, the first was reporting about some absolutely huge fish at a little known dive site in the Caribbean. When I went back a year later they existed only in the photos hanging in a snorkel shack as some a**bite spear gunners had shot them all to prop up their own pathetic egos.
Lesson learned, I'm going to keep the specifics to myself.

Wow! :( I sure hope you're wrong and they'd just moved. :(
I saw them too.

I'm in Bangka now. Unbelievable

Lembeh Resort is hands down the best -- more expensive but you get what you pay for. Amazing food leaning towards western palate. Wine not a problem. Credit cards too. ALso they are sister resorts with Murex bangka and can do your day trip up there too. Spend the money - it's more than worth it. The guides are amazing and they have a marine biologist and photo pro on site too.

Lembeh Resort is hands down the best
Spend the money - it's more than worth it.

Best for what?
I paid 97USD for a night dive 10 months ago. Not sure it's the best bang for your bucks if you ask me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom