leisurepro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buff

Contributor
Reaction score
I have bought dive equipment from Leisurepro on the past and have bee happy with it. Recently, I purchaed a Poseidon Odin regualtor. I know people have feelings(quite strong) about buying online but I have one question with regards to Leisurepro.
Has anyone, ever had any problems with what they purchased from Leisurepro and if so did Leisurepro make good on their own warranty that comes with all the equipment they sell?

Thanks
Mike

Yes -- I recently purchased a regulator from LeisurePro. And although I was concerned about it being tuned correctly to the proper pressure, it was just fine. How was your reg? I also got an excellent deal on an Oceanic computer -- which I am very happy with.

After you get several dives on your new regulator, I'd like to hear what your impressions are. The Poseidon's are ones that I am looking at for my next major gear upgrade.

Originally posted by TexasMike
After you get several dives on your new regulator, I'd like to hear what your impressions are. The Poseidon's are ones that I am looking at for my next major gear upgrade.
Hey TM...you already have a Zeagle/Apeks T50D don't you? Just curious as to why you think a Poseidon is an upgrade over an Apeks?

Originally posted by GP

Hey TM...you already have a Zeagle/Apeks T50D don't you? Just curious as to why you think a Poseidon is an upgrade over an Apeks?
You've got a good memory!!

This weekend (May 18/19) I make my first jump in to tek diving with the TDI AdvEAN/Deco class. Which will give me my first chance to be at deeper than 100 foot depths for a continued period of time.

The LDS teaching the class is a big fan of Poseidon's. Especially since he is huge in to Tek diving (including deeper wrecks and cave diving). So my desire is to try and run a dive with my Zeagle Apeks on one post, and a Jetstreem on the other. And then do something to find out how each performs at the same "X" depth under "Y" workload.

This way, I can have first hand knowledge for comparison.

If you're interested, I'll put up a post with my experiences after I return from the class/trip.

Originally posted by TexasMike

If you're interested, I'll put up a post with my experiences after I return from the class/trip.
Yeah...that would be cool. Good luck with the class!

I bought an UK light cannon 100 HID torch from leisurepro. After 3 dives the bulb blew up. ( it supposed to last 1000 hours). I contacted Leisurepro , they asked me to send back the bulb , and they sent me a new replacement bulb immediately ( free of charge).
I'm satisfied with their service, they are good.

I recently called and made a purchase thru leisure pros in nyc
I've purchased from them before but always went to the location, this is my first time making a purchase over the phone with them.
I was offered a used Mares Abyss Reg for almost $150 off full price. I advised them i was leaving on a trip in 6 days to deliver ups express. i got it within 2 days. upon opening box, I received a Mares Abyss Octo not the Mares Abyss Reg. I sent them an email because they were already closed.
Next business day i called them, told them what happened. said i was leaving in 2 days to please fix the error.
I was told they'll have to investigate, it'll take a couple of days, to send the octo back they'll have to check on the error. which is great for them but leaves me with nothing for my trip in 2 days.
Seeing this was an error on their part, wouldn't it be better if they helped in getting me the right product as soon as possible. they could have sent me the reg same way ups express with a box for box exchange when Ups came to my house.. but leisure pros didn't offer anything other than we'll check it out... some help that is.....

i've purchased online before and when a mistake was made the vendor made every effort to satify the customer...

i rate Leisure Pros with a - 10 with phone or online purchases. as far as purchases made at there location i rate them a 10.

Placed a number of orders with them on-line. Always prompt shipping. On several occasions I had to return certain items (stuff didn't fit well, I didn't like the colors, etc.) - no questions asked, prompt refunds couple day later.

Again, I placed my orders on-line, not over the phone, so there was less of a chance for error.

I will buy from them again.

Back
Top Bottom