leisurepro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have ordered all my equipment from DiveInn and LeisurePro with no problems at all. DiveInn for Apex TX100 regs/T50 octo, Suunto Cobra, Mosquito, LeisurePro for wet suits, Apollo Bio fins, books, Zeagle BCD's... Never a problem. Check out DiveInn.com for computers and regs, better pricing and good service.

Heard some people had substitution problems but I haven't. With regards to needing things real fast for a trip that is always a problem ordering online, even Amazon.com messes that up so wouldn't hold that against them. If I absolutely have to have something fast I'll pay full price and drive down the street, online is 90% of the time correct but there is always that 10%...:updown:

I was in NYC a couple of weeks ago and visited Leisure Pro's "Showroom". It is a very small store with 5 computers manned by phone operators. They are located on the 3rd floor of a building that houses Adorama Camera (who's ad is seen in the back of Popular Photography magazine), and I think may be owned by the same people. They have very little on display in the store (my LDS has more on display), so they must have a warehouse they drop ship from. BTW; none of the "staff" looked like they have been underwater for a while (although I will be the first to admit that looks can be deceiving - so flames off, ok?) I was disappointed in their store, but since I have ordered from them by mail (and had good service that way), it should not matter. I took a pic of the building they are in and will post it if folks are interested in seeing it.

And also spoke with the owners.

It is true that it is a small showroom, but if you ask something out of the catalog, one of the guys will rush back and get it from somewhere.

I spoke with the guys, and without getting into any specific details, they told me they don't dive. On the other hand, they seem to understand diving gear and service.

The place is owned by the same guys that own ADORAMA and is basically a spin-off of their underwater photography business (or so I was told).

I liked the place and the service I was getting and that's what matters to me.

Ari :)

I ordered a Suunto Vyper on 5/21/02 and it was in stock and was to ship the same day for next day arrival (my checkout dive is this weekend). I checked today on the status and it was backorded. When I called on it, their customer service acted like I was the crazy one. Hope you have better luck than I did.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom