Leisurepro rate hike?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whitedragon13

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Is it me, or did LP jack its prices up? I bought my wife a cobra w/compass last year for around $450. Now it's $550+...must've just happened

Mosquito is still $329.00, Big Eyes mask still $31.95...........nothing changed here.

I don't keep a running tab on LP's inventory. However I was telling a friend that is going through certification about the Zeagle Escape. Pulled it up, and it's now something like $325. Last time I looked (been a few months) it was $299.

Everything seems to be going up on a regular basis (heating/gas/bus fare/lunch) EXCEPT my DAMN salary... they get off with the *lucky you have a job* line in the tech field these days...

Ron

whitedragon13:
Is it me, or did LP jack its prices up? I bought my wife a cobra w/compass last year for around $450. Now it's $550+...must've just happened

I was thinking maybe the Suunto Cobra got an update, driving a higher price, but I see the Sherwood Maximus went up, too.

whitedragon13:

Maybe their own costs increased on some items? You know, just like the oil companies.

Maybe they raised their prices because the LDS's were upset? :eyebrow:

Maybe they realized just how much business they were generating, and are trying for bigger profit margins. Common business practice for highly successful operations.

commodities prices have been rising rapidly across the board. according to federal reserve chairman alan greenspan the reason why this is not inflation is that most of the cost of end goods (as measured in the CPI) is due to wages and wage pressures have been kept under control due to productivity gains. in other words companies have been firing people and shedding jobs and making 'productivity' gains and the labor market has not rebounded at all (we're still not generating jobs at a rate sufficient to keep up with the rate that we're generating people). since there's enough unemployed people, salaries aren't going up. this is all supposed to be 'good' and a sign of a 'healthy' economy that is free of inflation according to greenspan. the possibility that rises in commodities prices could lead to shrinking consumer spending and weakness in the economy seems to have thoroughly escaped the grasp of chairman greenspan and our illustrious leader.

true to form, today's jobs numbers were weak, with previous numbers being revised downwards to make the punishment worse. the dollar dropped 1.8 cents against the euro today. we can expect more commodities inflation just from the weakness in the dollar (which has dropped $0.10 in 2 months). the good news is that the bond market strengthened and interest rates dropped, so americans can go even more into debt. what i don't see any evidence of it occuring is a reduction in the trade deficit induced by the falling dollar. how low is it going to have to go, and are foreign investors in the bond market going to get fed up with seeing their dollar-denominated investments shrinking to nothing before it gets there?

welcome to the faith-based economy...

p.s. i bought a suunto vyper from them for about $304.95 a year ago, and now its up to $334.95...

The dollar is just heading down into the crapper.
3 years ago there was 90 some cents to 10 Kroner, today it's over $1.50 and only losing more every day with no end in sight.
That's one BIG devaluation there. Most folks in the US are blissfuly unaware of how worthless the dollar is getting.
If you want something that comes from the EU, or any Scandanavian countries in particular (like Suunto), don't wait any longer, 'cuz the dollar isn't going to be getting any better as long as the US continues on it's massive deficit spending kick. :wtf:

The dollar has devalued against the Yen by more than 20% in the last year - and it's still heading down. I believe it's at an all time low against the Euro as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom