LEISUREPRO.COM- better $ than diveinn

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wheezy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone ever use leisurepro.com ???? One of those weird mailorder places that does a lot of business online.

You cann get some really good deals. Just wondering about the service. I bought some Atomic fins yesterday through ebay and received a leisure pro invoice via email...

checked out the website and it seems that they have some great deals on just about everything made..

anyhow... just wanted to share :D

..and I was happy with it. I bought the Travelok 2000 travel suitcase for scuba gear and a Tusa mesh gear backpack for my trip to Belize. I didn't have any problems with them, and my stuff showed up when they said it would. The only problem I had with them was that I had requested a catalog from them more than a month ago and still had not received it. I mentioned it to them when I purchased my stuff online and they sent one inside the suitcase. I was quite happy with the transaction and will purchase more from them I'm sure. They've got some pretty good prices. And,by the way, the bag rocks! It's real sturdy and holds all of mine and my wife's gear, including the mesh gear backpack which we'll use for lugging all our gear on the boat dives.

In fact, I ordered some gear on Monday, and it's being delivered today ( Thursday ). They have been very prompt and delivered the items I needed in a few days time on several occasions. In the past I've ordered masks, knives, bags, videos, bolt-snaps, etc from them. The one time they shipped the wrong item, they quickly provided me with an RMA and shipped out the correct item.

Several years ago, they even responded favorably to, and fixed a security hole they had in their web ordering system. I have no complaints.

your milage may vary...

Boydski

ScubaBoarders' experiences with LeisurePro run about 50/50 between good and bad. I encourage the readers of this thread to use the search feature to find out more information in past threads.

Two things to remember is that the standard concern about Life Support Equipment online applies. Second, in many cases, LeisurePro is not an "authorized" distributor of some of the gear they sell, in the sense that you do not get the manufacturer's warranty. LiesurePro will cover your purchase with their own warranty, but this may mean returning the affected gear back to them if the gear were to suffer a catastrophic failure that is covered by the warranty.

Personally, I only by accessories from them since usually there are no warranty issues. And the three times I have ordered, the items were received promptly and the service was good.

I live 20 minutes from LP, and 20 minutes from my Local Dive Shop. There are some opinions to be weighed on prior threads, specifically from a group in early Feb, and one in April/May.

They definately have some good deals, and I've purchased wetsuits, lights, snorkles, fins... accessories from them.

I can walk into LP, and after reading some stories I opted to purchase my life support stuff from my LDS. I'm not certain it was the right decision, as each time I have been to LP someone has come in with something that needs repair and they do it right in front of you. Parts on hand. But, read what others have to say.

None of the guys at LP actually dive with any frequency, and some (most?) have never. Interesting group, they all know a ton of information about scuba equipment.

I know I probably shouldn't say this but ... I've bought many things from Leisure Pro, and have had no problems.
And, oh boy, well, I'm going to be there in September. Matt maybe we can cross paths?
I'll be in Manhattan for business anyway, so I thought I'd take a cab over and buy some last minute stuff before my next dive trip.
They have always been good to me on the phone. I've checked prices in the shops around town, and they beat them by a long shot. Not to say your local Dive Shop doesn't have a lot of other services to offer. I try to spread the wealth!
OK I better go hide now.
(ducking under the computer desk)
:sunny:

cool... so far so good on my end.. fins should be here tomorrow (maybee monday)...

Heck, I didn't even know I was buying from them...

thanks for the feedback... I appreciate it

Let me guess, you purchased it from "scuba-equipments" on ebay?

How I found out it was a LP method of selling gear was when I "asked the seller" a question about a bit of gear and the seller responded with a "@leisurepro.com" email address.

One thing I need to do with that fellow is to compare the "Buy it now" and reserve prices for the particular items being sold versus what is in the printed catalog. Probably would win the donut bet that on occassion, the winning bidder pays more than what is listed in the catalog.

I have bought my entire scuba set up from LP. Including BC, REG, OCTO, Dive Computer/Console, dive knife, wetsuit...Everything and have been extremely happy with the products and service. When you are saving between 50%-100% versus LDS, it only makes sense. Even if I had problem(which I haven't) the savings is to much to pass up.

Hello,

Well 'sugested retail price' is typicaly 100% (or more) markup from what the LDS pays for it.

Ed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom