Leisure Pro warranty policy...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wouldn't think they'd have to upgrade -- would they? But the only other choice would be to refund the buyer's money? Or give a credit?

In this particular case, I don't think LP was obliged to offer a free upgrade, no matter what ScubaPro was doing to do right by their (authorized) customers.

By the same token, I think LP and Brett did the right thing by their customer.

--Marek

Refunding $$ would likely cost more than replacing with a current comparable model, never mind any customer satisfaction issues. I think LP should be obligated to offer warranty service comparable to the mfgr's service.

Leisure Pro has taken a lot of undeserved bashing in Scubaboard threads. I'm pleased that they have a presence on the board now and have dealt with this issue. IMO LP was not obliged to offer the upgrade free of charge but that they took care of this says a lot to me. I've been purchasing on-line some of my scuba items from LP for the last three years. LP was recommended to me by friends and I recommend them to others. None of us have had any problems.

You sell them if you want, not me, too much to lose for that crap. All I'm saying is I understand their point. You probably know exactly what your doing when you service your equipment, but the majority don't. They just want to save the money to pay the service tech for doing it, just sell me the parts. John Doe don't know poop about it, buys the kit, "services" his own equipment, dives with it and dies because it wasn't serviced correctly. All baby's momma knows is someone sold him the kit to service the equipment theirself, and I want my money. As for catching up, trust me, I've been sued more times than a cheating husband....been there, paid the lawyers for jack, done that.

Refunding $$ would likely cost more than replacing with a current comparable model
Yeah, you're probably right.

I think LP should be obligated to offer warranty service comparable to the mfgr's service.
But here we differ. I think there's a difference between what the right thing to do is -- or what the customer-satisfaction thing to do is -- and what a seller is obligated to do.

--Marek

I'm pretty much willing to bet in this sue happy society, that if you were a retailer and had access to the parts, you would sell them to Joe Bob who popped in off the street and wanted to repair his own equipment. Get real.

This must be why all the retailers who sell Dive Rite are going out of business.

You sell them if you want, not me, too much to lose for that crap. All I'm saying is I understand their point. You probably know exactly what your doing when you service your equipment, but the majority don't. They just want to save the money to pay the service tech for doing it, just sell me the parts. John Doe don't know poop about it, buys the kit, "services" his own equipment, dives with it and dies because it wasn't serviced correctly. All baby's momma knows is someone sold him the kit to service the equipment theirself, and I want my money. As for catching up, trust me, I've been sued more times than a cheating husband....been there, paid the lawyers for jack, done that.

Nice armchair theory, now provide a concrete example where that has even been tried, much less been successful. Selling parts does not introduce any liability for how the repairs are performed, else every time some shade tree mechanic had a mechanical failure they would be suing the parts store. You will probably quack some more but I predict you won't be citing any references to back it up. :eyebrow:

And no, I don't go around encouraging people to service their own gear without proper training but that's a separate issue from denying parts to divers who have educated and equipped themselves and have made a firm decision to service their own gear.

It's not up to me to "quack" out for you any references. If your ignorant enough to play.....play. If LP doesn't want to spend their money defending lawsuits, prevent the lawsuits.....If you wish to service your own kit, service it. My point is I understand anyone not providing parts for life support equipment in a society that gives out enormous amounts of money for spilling hot coffee in their own laps. Defense is expensive even if you win.

Don I think you're onto something. LP and the rest should stop selling anything because they might get sued. In fact, SB should shut down because someone could put some bad advice he learned here, get hurt and sue the pants off of this place.

In fact, Scubatoys had better not sell any regulators because someone could be using one, run out of air and sue the pants off of Scubatoys. After-all it was the regulator that passed all of the air out of the cylinder...

I understand your point, to a point. :D

:popcorn::popcorn: Well this thread has taken an odd turn. Wonder if it is because John Edwards didn't get the job he was applying for today and he might be looking for something new to do? All this lawyer speak. First a guy has a problem with an online store, online store solves problem, guy happy, and now we are talking about self servicing gear and lawsuits???:confused:

I hear the theme from the Twilight Zone in the background of this thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom