Leisure Pro Temporary Price Drops - Normal or fluke?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paco II

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've had a particular 3mm hooded vest in my cart for a little while. It was priced at roughly $82. I never completed the purchase since the item is out of stock. So I log into LP the other night, and there is a message saying the price of an item in my cart had changed. I go look, and it's the same item is now listed for $56! Seemed like too good to be true, but I go ahead and make the purchase, even though the item is still out of stock. Sure enough, the next day I look, and the item is once again listed for $82. But in my order status, it still shows $56 as the price I paid.

I guess I will have to wait and see what I actually get charged when the item finally ships, but is this normal? Is this something LP does to sell gear, or was this some crazy (good) fluke?

I've had a particular 3mm hooded vest in my cart for a little while. It was priced at roughly $82. I never completed the purchase since the item is out of stock. So I log into LP the other night, and there is a message saying the price of an item in my cart had changed. I go look, and it's the same item is now listed for $56! Seemed like too good to be true, but I go ahead and make the purchase, even though the item is still out of stock. Sure enough, the next day I look, and the item is once again listed for $82. But in my order status, it still shows $56 as the price I paid.

I guess I will have to wait and see what I actually get charged when the item finally ships, but is this normal? Is this something LP does to sell gear, or was this some crazy (good) fluke?

My experience is that they will only charge you the price in your cart.

I know that they do have weekly sales speicals, and if the item you wanted was on the sale special that week, you get the sale price.

I am going to order a DR Transpac. I have backordered items and if the price dropped before shipping they automatically charged the lower amount.

Back
Top Bottom