Leg pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would purchase the pocket option when buying the drysuit. I can't see any downside to having them and I almost always have something in the pockets depending on the dive (wet notes, fold up snorkel, extra reel, spare mask, spare double ender etc). If you need pockets on another suit buy pockets and permanetly install them on that suit.

I prefer to let someone experience do these types of installs. It's not rocket science but someone that does that type of work all the time will most likely do a better/cleaner install than doing it myself. It sucks to learn the hard way when permanently installing something on a 1000+ suit.

May I ask how much you paid your drysuit and what type it is? Among other things, Barcelona (where the company seems to be located) is also easy and relatively cheap to reach from Italy, so perhaps I could even visit them during a short vacation and talk directly to them...
950€ for the suit attached below + Sitech silicone seals = 1.100€ aprox.
Later I aslo ask them to install a pee valve.
I visited them directly and they took my dimensions for a perfect fitting.

Fabricación y Reparación Trajes Buceo - TECHNICAL DRYSUIT ARTIC, S.L.

Definitely get pockets on a drysuit.

Personally, I have had pockets with a velcro flap and pockets that zip shut. I now really prefer pockets with a zipper.

My latest drysuit is from Seaskin (in Britain). Made to measure with every option I could think of, it was USD$1100 (ex-VAT). I got their zippered pockets on it and really like them.

For wetsuit, I have 2 pairs of pocket shorts. I have the ones that DGX sells that are, I think, identical to the Highland brand. I also have ScubaPro ones. I think the ScubaPro ones are a lot nicer and worth the extra money. Mainly because the neoprene they are made from is a lot thinner.

I contacted Deep6 and they told me the drysuits are made in Finland
by Ursuit it seems.

Ursuit customizes suits as well. You can ask them for details and how much an X or Y configuration would approximately cost. I believe there is local retailers in Italy as well who you can negotiate a good price with

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom