LED Reliability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

devilscrowndiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Anyone had good luck with led primary lights? I got a Dive Rite LED-500 in June and it failed on the first dive. When i got it back from service it failed burn testing in the bathtub. After the second trip back for service it failed 9 minutes into it's first dive. So, I gave up on Dive Rite and bought a Salvo 12watt Rebel led. Went diving with it for the first time yesterday, 122 minute dive and it worked great. Got to the lake today and it will not fire. Is anyone else having problems with led lights or have I just been unlucky?

I know there were issues with a batch of the Salvo 12W LEDs. I got a bad one that failed after one dive. It was fixed immediately by Salvo when I got back from the trip.

Anyone had good luck with led primary lights? I got a Dive Rite LED-500 in June and it failed on the first dive. When i got it back from service it failed burn testing in the bathtub. After the second trip back for service it failed 9 minutes into it's first dive. So, I gave up on Dive Rite and bought a Salvo 12watt Rebel led. Went diving with it for the first time yesterday, 122 minute dive and it worked great. Got to the lake today and it will not fire. Is anyone else having problems with led lights or have I just been unlucky?

I have two different models of the Underwater Kinetics LED Plus light and have had no problems whatsoever with them. I dove with them in water down to 420 F and in the Caribbean where the water was 820 F.

The lights performed equally well in both environments.

Last edited:
I have a Princeton Tech Miniwav 9w LED it is actually my second. My first was missing an o-ring and survived a hour long dive without burning out.(Try that with other bulbs) After emptying it out I sent it back to PT for warranty replacement.
My backup is a UK Q40 eLED plus and hasn't given me any problems.

surely DiveRite would have fixed/replaced the second unit also? no? or did you simply give up on it? I own the 500 and 300 before that and never had a problem, I think maybe you had some bad luck...hope your luck changes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom