LED lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jdvaughn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on what the best recrational dive light was that used LEDs. I want something in the $100 range. ANy suggestions?

Not sure this will be any help, but I know some of the big lights on the market now have changeable parts so that they can be converted to LED.

My Shockwave LED was under $100, and throws a bright wide beam for night diving in clear water. It's a bare minimum for use on a daytime dive, in my opinion. The 1 watt PincetonTec XL is a good (smallish) backup light, that has served adequately as a primary (for friends who didn't have a light) for night dives in clear water.

For a daytime diving light, you may want a halogen with a very tight beam... or an HID. I'm satisfied with my LEDs for night dives. The light you'll want depends a lot on how you dive, and when/where you dive.

Back
Top Bottom