LED light help needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In not opposed to having a bigger light for when I know I need it....im looking for something to keep clipped on the bc all the time. dont was to tote something around all the time that is huge

I have been using three Xtar D26 1100 for the last four years and they have been doing great!

Three days ago, one of them gave up after dropping it from a shelf. Waiting for answer from @XTAR to see if they sell circuitboards as spare parts so I can repair it :)

The Dive Right in Scuba house branded 1000 Lumen 3 C-cell light has bee very good to me. Even after I got a good canister light I still have the DRIS light. Good power, good beam pattern, been beat up but never misses a beat. 200' dives, no problem. C-cells can be found anywhere, no travel restrictions, no finding a charger, etc. Lots of compliments on it.

I also have a couple of the DGX600 lights, one button and one twist. They're excellent for the money. You would want the push button one because it has 2 brightness settings. That's very likely enough settings, BTW. On the higher setting it only burns for a little over an hour, so you'd want to have an extra battery if you were doing two dives with it. I use mine as cave back up lights, and honestly they're almost as bright as some primary lights.

In not opposed to having a bigger light for when I know I need it....im looking for something to keep clipped on the bc all the time. dont was to tote something around all the time that is huge

Any light will do (they're all LED nowadays). The 1100 is not a big light at all. I keep it clipped to my harness always. I actually have an 1100 and a 1600s attached for backups (more or less because I forget to recharge batteries, lol). I have keepers and bungee just below the lights to stow them away so they don't dangle. I use the 2500 primarily just because it's brighter, but it's a little bigger than the others.

You can always attach any light to a goodman handle or a light sock and not even know it's there. I'd rather have a larger light attached to the back of my hand than a smaller one I have to hold, but that's my diving. I use a 3D printed goodman handle. Has been great for the last 2 years in salt and fresh (mostly fresh though). It's amazing how much it frees up a hand to have it mounted there.

Back
Top Bottom