LED light help needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JakeP

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Im looking for a new general purpous "all around" handheld light. some freshwater, some saltwater, some night. I want rechargeable and multi brightness settings, and I think I prefer a narrow beam. I have been looking at the Orcatorch 710, but the more I look around the more confused I get. What other options and I missing in the $150 dollar range? I want it to be fairly compact that its not in the way, but bright enough to be useful.

Thanks

Dive Gear Express. Have a look here. The DGX 600 light should be fine for you. Take your pick of push button or twist on/off. About $60

Oops. Saw your other criteria. Well, take a look at DGX and see whatever else they have.

Take a look at the Xtar 1600s. The beam is ridiculously tight (to me). It has 4 levels to choose from and can take either 18650 or 26650 batteries. The only thing I don't like is the locking mechanism, but its manageable.

I have a review on one coming soon.

thanks for the reply's...liking the Xtar d20 and the kraken 1000......any opinions?

thanks for the reply's...liking the Xtar d29 and the kraken 1000......any opinions?

You mean the D26? There are 4 versions. D26 1100, 1600, 1600s, and 2500. The 1100 and 2500 both have a much better locking mechanism and I really don't think you can go wrong. The 2500 is brighter, but it's also bigger. If you do get the 2500 get the short handle version.

Any of the abole lights are great for recreational dives. The 1100 is sold on Amazon for $70. Good beginner light, 4 levels of brightness. Ive had mine for 2+ years it's been great.

You mean the D26? There are 4 versions. D26 1100, 1600, 1600s, and 2500. The 1100 and 2500 both have a much better locking mechanism and I really don't think you can go wrong. The 2500 is brighter, but it's also bigger. If you do get the 2500 get the short handle version.

Any of the abole lights are great for recreational dives. The 1100 is sold on Amazon for $70. Good beginner light, 4 levels of brightness. Ive had mine for 2+ years it's been great.
Sorry....meant the D20. looking for a smaller "every dive" light

Xtar is not the end all be all. Its just what i have the most experience in.

Personally, the smaller lights don't cut. I like to have different levels of brightness and the ability for 26650 batteries.

I have a DGX 600. I like it, it's nice.

Back
Top Bottom