LED Lenser D14 'Frogman' - Neon (7456)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pstan82

Registered
Reaction score
LEDLENSER.jpg

LED Lenser D14 'Frogman' - Neon (7456)
Designed for professionals and users who expect only the best. One of the best lamps LED Lenser lighting research has to offer!
High quality German designed LED torch. Complete with Presentation Box.

Refraction rules out long ranges. Therefore, this torch was designed with a lamp that due to its axial collimator attains a strength of focus that has hitherto been considered impossible. The lamp head consists of high-grade steel, the body of shock-resistant and shatter-proof plastic.

A newly-developed magnetic switch facilitates easy handling even with gloves. Four Mignon (AA) batteries provide more than 50 hours of light. The chip has a service life of 100,000 hours, i.e. if the lamp is operated for 3 hours per week, the diode will last for 600 years.

FEATURES OF THE
D14 FROGMAN - NEON (7456)

* Prism Reflector System.

* CREE LED Light Chip - 131 Lumens.

* Neon Colour Makes Torch Highly Visible.

* Watertight Construction - 60 Metres Depth Rating.

* NEW Single Handed Operation Flick Switch.

* Lanyard Included.

* Uses 4 x Standard AA Batteries.

* Depth - Down to 60m/7bar

* Battery Life 50 Hours.

$50.00 USD

exclude shipment- shipment cost to be advice

seller location : Malaysia

payment method: Paypal

I'm wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with this light and comparison with other lights.

Also does it work with NiMH batteries?

Adam

I'm wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with this light and comparison with other lights.

Also does it work with NiMH batteries?

Adam

I bought one of these on Amazon and now can answer my own question. Yes it works fine with NiMH batteries. It's $55 on Amazon but includes free shipping. Roughly the same brightness in air as the Dorcy, though somewhat different beam.

Adam

I bought one of these on Amazon and now can answer my own question. Yes it works fine with NiMH batteries. It's $55 on Amazon but includes free shipping. Roughly the same brightness in air as the Dorcy, though somewhat different beam.

Adam

Have you had it underwater yet? I have the Dorcy and love the tight beam and brightness, and metal case. Perfect for poking in and around our rocky reefs. But I hate the twist on-off. I wonder how it compares on brightness in actual underwater use versus the dry land comparison.

Have you had it underwater yet? I have the Dorcy and love the tight beam and brightness, and metal case. Perfect for poking in and around our rocky reefs. But I hate the twist on-off. I wonder how it compares on brightness in actual underwater use versus the dry land comparison.

Yes I had mine one one dive through dark swim throughs in the afternoon on a shallow dive in viz of 10ft. I preferred the beam of the Lenser to the Dorcy. It was a broader beam (about 3 times the width) than Dorcy's, with a center slightly dimmer than Dorcy's, but because of the broad beam it seemed to throw more light. The beam of the Dorcy was a little bluer than the Lenser.

Overall I preferred the Lenser over the Dorcy.

There is another report of someone using this light on a very deep light and also being very impressed with it.

Adam

Yes I had mine one one dive through dark swim throughs in the afternoon on a shallow dive in viz of 10ft. I preferred the beam of the Lenser to the Dorcy. It was a broader beam (about 3 times the width) than Dorcy's, with a center slightly dimmer than Dorcy's, but because of the broad beam it seemed to throw more light. The beam of the Dorcy was a little bluer than the Lenser.

Overall I preferred the Lenser over the Dorcy.

There is another report of someone using this light on a very deep light and also being very impressed with it.

Adam
Sorry about the typo, it should read:
There is another report of someone using this light on a very deep dive and also being very impressed with it.

Adam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom