For Sale LED can light, 3000 lumens, great for travel, $275 OBO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

orange_diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Bought this light from a board member that made a highly sought after batch of them. You can read more about him here:

Travel DIR Scuba Canister LED Light 15 WT, 1000+ lumen DIR , LIIO, tight beam

This is the 3000 lumen version which only a few were made. You can read more about them here:

DIR 3000lm prototype LED light $375

Run time is 2 hours at full power and much longer when dimmed. Not only is it bright, but it's small and light. Can is 8" from bottom to top of switch.

One of the best features is the dimmer on the light head. You can take it from full bright to completely off. Extremely handy especially on night dives or as a way to stretch run-time when doing multlple dives per day not charging in between.

It's gently used, i just got back from a trip to Bonaire where it performed admirably alongside a couple of 21W Light Monkey LEDs. While not as bright or as focused, it wasn't too far off either, and I had no problems on night dives or signaling my team mates during the bright day dives. For comparison, those lights are about $1300.

The soft goodman handle is comfortable and adjustable and works well.

Will ship to anywhere in the 48 US for $10, or if you are local to Los Angeles, in person pick up is fine as well.

IMG_0765.jpg IMG_0767.jpg IMG_0768.jpg

The dimmer is a switch on top of the light head. you can see it (tho not well) in the last pic. You push it up for max power and down for less. It works great.

I never measured the cord, I can later tonight and post it. It seems the same as the one on my 21W Salvo HID.

The cord is 38.5" long. For reference I am 6'1" with proportionate arms and torso and have no problems running the can on my right side and the light in my left hand at full arm's extension.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom