learning american - bar to psi conversion?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just read you pressure gauge most carribean dive ops have psi
207 bar = 3000 psi
100 bar = 1500 psi
50 bar =750 psi and start to think about surfacing
40 bar = time to come up
0 bar = OOA (Alternate air source or CESA or you will not be diving with anyone again)

hoosier:
Isn't it easy? Just add half and put 0 at the end....:huh:

Try that reliably at 40-45m on air.....

Shouldn't be difficult, I just don't understand the need. If you are using bar, use bar. If you are using PSI, use PSI. Both systems work quite well, moving from one to the other is the PITA and quite unnecessary.

In my experience, divemasters in the Caribbean are used to both and mention so in their dive briefings, so I don't expect there'll be a big deal.

hoosier:
Here is the best simple way.

Divide XXX bar in half and add up it on XXX bar * 10 = XXX psi

For example, 100 bar = ? psi
100bar / 2 = 50 bar
100 bar + 50 bar = 150bar = 1500 psi Darn easy.....

huh? did i miss sth here?? 150bar = 1500psi? i rather pass on diving with you, it seems you would shorten my bottomtime just a tad to much LOL.

LSDeep:
huh? did i miss sth here?? 150bar = 1500psi? i rather pass on diving with you, it seems you would shorten my bottomtime just a tad to much LOL.

Yes, you did miss it. He clearly stated 100 bar = 1500 PSI.

Walter:
Shouldn't be difficult, I just don't understand the need. If you are using bar, use bar. If you are using PSI, use PSI. Both systems work quite well, moving from one to the other is the PITA and quite unnecessary.

Well I'm hoping there won't be a need and if what Paco says is correct there won't be. I simply wanted to be able to convert if I got a buddy or dm who referred to psi when I was used to and have gauges using bar.

Back
Top Bottom