Learn Backmount First

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pricing (even up here in Canada) is pretty close to a wash. You can get relatively cheap SM harness and relatively cheap BP/W's, or you can spend alot on either. That said, if you plan on doing all of your diving in doubles, the tanks are a wash, but if your diving needs are varied and you may be switching between tec and rec, breaking down and setting up tanks/bands/manifolds will quickly become a pain. Just depends on what kind of diving you plan on doing.

i guess what im saying is you typical can rent tanks to use for your sidemount where BM you usually have to buy your own. And i guess if you can get a full manifold set/bands for less then 300 bucks our prices must be higher ha ha

ahhh yes but it voids warenty shipping across the border does it not? ha ha i don't think youll find that in your LDS for that cost? not at any of the ones around here that ive seen anyway!

ahhh yes but it voids warenty shipping across the border does it not? ha ha i don't think youll find that in your LDS for that cost? not at any of the ones around here that ive seen anyway!

That IS my LDS :p I have no idea about warranties after a border crossing, I just deal with my local LDS.

Using the above site... which has a brick-n-mortar store just up the interstate from me at one of my favorite dive locations...

FS&Gs, I built up a hog BM/W setup w/DR manifold and bands. Price came out to $705

Using the same site, a similarly spec'd(liftwise) SM setup, w/valves and cambands, came out to $660

A $45 difference which is quickly mitigated by the additional hose and pressure gauge you're gonna need to finish out your regulators for SM.

Price is a wash.

Well here for full sidemount gear not including tanks your look around 1600-1900 (hollis) with back mount not including tanks around 2400-2600(Hollis again)

Well here for full sidemount gear not including tanks your look around 1600-1900 (hollis) with back mount not including tanks around 2400-2600(Hollis again)

I thought the CN dollar was now stronger than the US dollar, thats either not the case or the LDSs in canukville have one hellova profit margin!

Back
Top Bottom