leaky Santi drysuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a left shoulder leak I believe through the Apeks dump valve. Everything is tight as far as I can determine. I'm thinking the negative dry-suit pressure on decent is drawing some water through in the valve. Quite annoying!!!

I have a left shoulder leak I believe through the Apeks dump valve. Everything is tight as far as I can determine. I'm thinking the negative dry-suit pressure on decent is drawing some water through in the valve. Quite annoying!!!

If you have the valve all the way open try turning it back a half turn to keep the spring engaged.

That happens to me if I get tumbled in the surf on entry - sand can get in the valve. I would blast it (from the outside of the suit) with a hose and turn it - open, close, open for a couple of minutes. Worked for me. Good luck! :)

Thanks for the tips. I'll try the half turn to engage the spring. Wanted to do the half turn last dive but got over whelmed by the surge and had to decend. Next time for sure!!

I had one on the left shoulder too. Turned out there was a leak where the zipper is glued into the suit. It was very hard too find. Took two shops and several attempts myself to find it.

I have a made2measure santi E-Lite.
Also had a made2measure Flex190 undersuit
Both fit perfectly.

Had the suit in December 2017 and have only managed to get four dives in as it’s always in transit back to Poland (I’m based in UK)

Four flooded dives, soaking.
1st time sent back to Santi I got it returned saying no issues found and advised that I was not closing the zip properly. Fancy that, 23 years of dry suit diving and I’m being told I don’t know how to zip up a suit.

Next Dive flooded. Back to Poland it goes. This time they said there was a leak on the join of the left boot to the suit and a faulty inflation valve.

Dived it today in 6DegC water, flooded again!!!
I think it’s leaking around the groin.
For a £2k suit I’m not happy

Should have gone to Otter.

There is no santi repair in the UK? Here in Sweden we have a local shop authorised for all repairs and modifications which do an awesome job, im surprised there isn't one in the UK

Not sure I can use locals as I got measured for it at the UK Dive show last October so purchase was with Santi Direct.

Wow... As someone who bought an E.Lite and an E.Motion+ Ladies First it's encouraging to hear all that!
Btw, my Elite had a slightly leaking right Flexsole from the factory. Now it's repaired and all seems well

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom