leaky Santi drysuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have read a few posts about Santi's developing leaks specially the emotion model. I also know someone who has a Santi and it has gone for repair for the same problem. I am wondering how common are leaks with Santi suits? Any Santi users having leaks to deal with?

Have an Emotion with over 300 dives, no leaks. Also an Elite with 30 dives and no leaks.

I had a few pin hole leaks that were easy enough to repair. The turbo boots leak along the Velcro too. And I had the tizip fail after 2 years.

All suits leak in the end. It's not a matter of keeping you dry, but how long?

I did 250 dives with my E-Lite. T-Zip replaced because of leaks, but no other problemes. Even original seals.

AJ:
All suits leak in the end. It's not a matter of keeping you dry, but how long?

True but if one particular suit has the reputation of leaking more than usual then it needs to be addressed.

I have seen the comments you are referring to about leaky Santis. Mine was brand-new when these comments started popping up. If I understand correctly, Santi stopped using the Tizip in the E-Motion and perhaps other suits because customers were experiencing leaks, and now uses a metal YKK. If I understand correctly, that is believed to have solved the problem. I have not had leaks (yet), but I guess it's only a matter of time. I am treating my Tizip with kid gloves to extend its life as long as possible.

The Tzips were only one of the problems causing leaks. The boots were another and thats aside from pin holes which can happen in any suit.

So Santi is not using their trademark plastic zippers anymore? I was a bit skeptical of them from the beginning.

I have an eLite for several years and the only leaks I had were on two occasions when I did not fully close the Ti-Zip. I am now way more careful about closing it than I was on those two occasions.

I do not have boots--just the neoprene souls. The reason I did not get the boots is that I have a shoe fit problem caused by Morton's Neuroma in one foot. If my boot is too small, it can be excruciatingly painful, and that pain can linger for months. I have no Santi dealer near me, so I had to order mine online and could not test it. I therefore played it safe.

I got mine from Dive Right in Scuba, which sells a wide variety of brands. Consequently, I think they can give you honest advice.

So Santi is not using their trademark plastic zippers anymore? I was a bit skeptical of them from the beginning.
They use plastic YKK zippers now. No problems for more than 100 dives.

About every suit leaking sometime: yes due to wear and tear every suit will leak in the end. Is not normal for a relatively new suit to leak? No, absolutely not! It should be adressed by the manufacturer. Santi did with my suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom