Leaking Apeks exhaust valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aqua-Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a Whaite Fusion with Apeks valves and can't get the exhaust valve to stop leaking. I would normally dive with the valve four to five clicks closed because it always leaked when fully open, the last few dives I've done it's leaked even when half closed. I've pressure tested the suit and found no leaks, I had to use a thiun bead of silicone when installing the valve when I swapped the skins because the valve would leak at the flange. I removed the valve and disassembled the valve to see if there was any crud stuck in the valve and found it was clean. Any other suggestions? I'm tired of having a wet cold left arm:depressed:.

Replace it with a SiTech.

Not quite what I was looking for but yes that would work. Most of the people I dive with use DUI suits with Apeks valves and none of them have issues. My question is what have people found that causes the Apeks valves to leak?

I had one get fuzz from my undergarment stuck in the flapper valve. I filled the arm with water and squeezed it to force the water out the valve. It did the same thing the next season and the same approach stopped the leak. I switched to 4th Element undergarments and have not had it happen again. HTH
Dave

Well I spoke with Whites last night and they are going to take care of the valve. Two thumbs up for Whites customer service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom