Leak-proof masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you, everyone! I did go back to trying new masks...and guess what? The same Mares silicone mask fit best ( I have a small face) and stayed put on my face- unlike my present Mares. I do believe that the silicone skirt on the old mask is deformed ... Sunscreen on my face? Age of the mask? ( only 3 years!)... Not properly rinsed after each use??? Should I trust this Mares again? I'm still looking for other makes and models. To be SEEN... :)

I have a few mares liquid skin masks. They usually work great, but I switched my primary to an el cheapo scuba max aria b/c it fits better.
Price does not equal fit

Atomic Aquatics Frameless - if you told me I couldn't have mine I might give up diving.

Hmmm...sounds like the Atomic Aquatic Frameless is the one to try- thanks!!!

They come in two sizes, so be sure to try both.

The closest I have come to solving this problem for me is using the Sherwood Oracle made with the Crystal silicone. It happens to be a frameless mask also.

During some kind of compulsive spending fit I plunked down two hundred bucks on an Atomic Venom. Doesn't leak at all, great visibility -- it's a complete no hassle mask for me -- a couple of drops of nofog before the dive and I forget it's there. I'm sure there are less expensive options out there that would work, and I do know someone who's Venom does leak (not one of the early defective ones; just doesn't fit his face), but I love mine.

I have been using an Atonic Venom in the pool here of late. Not too much leackage around my facial hair and is quite comfortable. Just fogs up a lot so I so miss the water in my mask. Hopefully the fogging issue is just because we are in an heated pool during winter.

My best fitting mask is a basic Aqualung. After trying about three different makes and models, I found this one and it works the best with my facial hair.

Does your mask have a purge on it?
They will start to leak over time....

Back
Top Bottom