lead vrs wet suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
How much weight will it take for a Pinnacle Polar 7mm wet suite, sz lrg?
We all know how to figure it out. Just looking for a good extimate/ head start. Im guessing 14 lbs.

tia
Holt

Wearing a similar suit I found 16 was right on the money. Of course the rest of your gear will have an impact. I'd want to have a couple extra pounds around just in case.

Yes, I'd start with about 16lb. Use a weight harness rather than a belt.

How tall are you, how big are you, are you fluffy or muscle.

How tall are you, how big are you, are you fluffy or muscle.

... exactly, and is the suit new? That matters as well.

Sorry to leave out the details. I am 6' 160# . No fat, fresh water with standard rec. gear, I use 0 weight and have no problems at 6' deep.Most of my diving is UW SAR in shallow water. The siute is new. Have found out since original post that 12# on a belt and 2x2# tank wieghts work well in shallow water. putting a little stress on the low back though. Not crasy abouy ankle wieghts. Anyone ever tried some sort of wieghts around the knees. Also thiking about steel toes, maybe even some kind of insert in the toe of my fins. Guess I might just need to ditch the 10yr old jacket and go back inflate w/ weight integration.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom