LDS trust factor issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johnny, dive shops are like the "children of Lake Woebegone." They are all above average, and yet somehow, they always find "stuff" that is someone else's fault. Any shop that you don't have a long-term exclusive working relationship with, has to be suspect. And even then, accidents happen.

when it comes to steel cylinders.."flash happens" is my approach. Unless I see puddles in the tank I tend not to get too worked up over. Especially PST. Fabers are better inside. I have often wished I could get the quality of the old PST hot dipped galvanized outside and fabers interior for what would be the perfect steel cylinder.

I’ve lived in North Florida now for 14 years cave diving only with steel cylinders. “Hydro Dave” does all my hydros. When they come back I always drop a light down them before filling them. I service my own valves. With that said, after getting a bad gas fill that damn near killed me at Little River 12 years ago. (That shop is closed now). My cylinders only get filled at two shops in North Florida. As I live only 10 miles from Amigos that is my primary. The Dive Outpost is my secondary.

.... I have often wished I could get the quality of the old PST hot dipped galvanized outside and fabers interior for what would be the perfect steel cylinder.

Even if they only made HP100's and LP95's, the maker would corner the market in south Florida. Agree,,,That would be an unbeatable combination.

Faber makes a hot dipped tank.
All Faber tanks are hot dipped. Some are then epoxy painted.

Yes. Faber hot dips all of their tanks before painting.

Ah. Hot dipped or triple zinc cold sprayed. Sorry, my bad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom