LDS Bashers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is just like waiters whining because they don't make enough and they're entitled to tips....

If you don't like how things are then change them or suck it up. If you don't like people shopping on the internet then don't have a store or lower your prices. If you're such an economics expert you should know that already. Don't come on here and preach like the local LDS is doing me a favor. Go ahead and close your doors there will be other LDS's and there will always be someone to fill the gap.

Supply and demand....

Toadie:
This is just like waiters whining because they don't make enough and they're entitled to tips....

If you don't like how things are then change them or suck it up. If you don't like people shopping on the internet then don't have a store or lower your prices. If you're such an economics expert you should know that already. Don't come on here and preach like the local LDS is doing me a favor. Go ahead and close your doors there will be other LDS's and there will always be someone to fill the gap.

Supply and demand....

Excellent post. Love the avatar, by the way.

I missed this thread, it has such love flowing from it.

abitton:
Have a look at these pics and you'll understand why you may never get your wish...

Alex

When I get old(er) I'm going to move up North and DRIVE REAL SLOW!

MWAHAAHAAHAA

Toadie:

Supply and demand....
There were 9 dive shops in our county when I moved here. Now there is only one. That one closes next and who wins? The internet?

the heck with that

Al Mialkovsky:
There were 9 dive shops in our county when I moved here. Now there is only one. That one closes next and who wins? The internet?

the heck with that

Al: Rogue SCUBA is one of the "good guys" a local store with excellent instructors, lots of programs, a good facility with a nice pool, travel program, dive club etc. Long may you all prosper. Having called on hundreds of stores over 30+ years, your store is at the top of the list. It is unfortunate that many LDS owners still bad mouth their competition, overcharge, tell scare stories, start preaching to potential new divers who just want to go on vacation about "tech diving" etc. and the "evil internet: Your store is doing well. As our NZ and Aussie friends would say " Good on You"

When someone comes into our shop and requests a PADI program ( we don't offer it) we refer them to the padi shop in the next county. We don't consider dive shops our competition, they are our allies.

Thanks for your kind words.

Al Mialkovsky:
When someone comes into our shop and requests a PADI program ( we don't offer it) we refer them to the padi shop in the next county. We don't consider dive shops our competition, they are our allies.

Thanks for your kind words.

I hope you try to explain to people that it doesn't matter. When I was looking to get certified, I wanted to get "PADI" just to be safe so that I could dive over seas. I didn't go with (what I gather is) a good SSI shop for that reason. I didn't know any better and no one told me "It doesn't matter." They told me something wishy-washy like "Oh, they will probably take our certification."

When you are planning a once in a lifetime trip, that's not what you want to hear.

mdb:
Al: Rogue SCUBA is one of the "good guys" a local store with excellent instructors, lots of programs, a good facility with a nice pool, travel program, dive club etc. Long may you all prosper. Having called on hundreds of stores over 30+ years, your store is at the top of the list. It is unfortunate that many LDS owners still bad mouth their competition, overcharge, tell scare stories, start preaching to potential new divers who just want to go on vacation about "tech diving" etc. and the "evil internet: Your store is doing well. As our NZ and Aussie friends would say " Good on You"

When it comes to badmouthing the competition (especially the internet) and telling scare stories; I thought Al was one of the main players these days!!! Are you saying he is not representing his "good guy" LDS owner in this regard. Maybe you should relook just the earlier part of the "scubapro online" thread where he told Larry how much he loved and respected him. Did I miss the apology? While I have no doubt that Rogue SCUBA is doing many things right and pleasing many of its customers, I get the impression that a Liesurepro catelog in that store would probably get about the same reception as a bible reading at the Iranian parliament. If I have misunderstood what is going on, I apoligize to all in advance and ask that you correct my misunderstandings.

Why would a lesiurepro catalog be welcomed in any dive shop?

I never aplogized, Larry assumed I was angry with him and I wasn't.

I do poor mouth the internet on a regular basis but usually it's another customer in the shop doing the badmouthing. We've got a few customers who have been royally screwed by the net.

This topic has been drawn out WAY TOO MUCH.
Let's talk about something else PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom