lcd in bright conditions...split from starter kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ronbeau

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Howdy!

Head for the Sticky here in the UW Photo area - you can get there via the Pink Link in my signature. Inside you will find a ton of information to help you narrow your choices down including links to specific cameras with discussions and images.

I'd head for the Canon A series and a Canon housing to get started. This situation makes taking photos difficult since you can't tell if you have the entire subject within the frame.

For your budget, I'd skip the external strobe right now and learn how to get the most from the camera itself while saving a bit more for a good strobe that will move with you for years to come, no matter what camera system you use.

Let us know as you have questions!

Do you have any suggestion for solving the following problem?

I have a Canon A630 with the Canon housing. In water with high visibility like the Caribbean I find the the LCD gets washed out from the ambient light from above.

Do you have any suggestions to help with this problem?

Also, what would you recommend for a strobe for the A630 with the Canon housing?

Back
Top Bottom