LBTS Friday Night May 6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gosh, would love to... but am spending the day with Hermit Crab.

So friday nights dive was quite good. We had a little surf on the entry, a bit of current to contend with and in hopes of making some way against that and not ending up in Oakland Park, we swam north - a bit too much, but no problem, i would rather be up current than down :wink: It was nice to meet James and to see Jenny and Marvel again. Shame i didnt get to dive yesterday, Jenny was a little clogged up, but the surf was still up a bit - so came home, i'll always be thinking of diving next weekend :wink:

Marvel:
BTW- the seas are flattening out today & I am hoping to get a short (1 hour) dive in later this afternoon, if anyone's interested. Say, about 2:30- 3 PM.
The seas were a little harsh this morning......definetly a workout. But it seemed to be getting better as I was leaving.

Ok...my tripi report....
Got to try out the new BP/W. Surf was up and the dip was back. I had trouble getting past the surf line as evertime I got out far enough to put on fins, the surf would push me back. Oh the joy to be 5'5"! On the third attempt...yes, three attempts later, I popped the reg in my mouth, and got the fins on. I know, why didn't I think of that before? 'Cause I never had to do that before! So 15 minute swim later I finally caught up with the gang and we descended into the darkness, swimming north. I almost felt naked with the gear, and almost immediately adjusted to the new set up. Heaven. I could raise and lower in the water column so easily. I thought it was easy before, but this give a new meaning to easy. The surge was pretty good, I measured one time and I moved over 6' in the surge. Some of the sea fans were bent over. Being so shallow did not help much, but still I got very comfortable very quickly. Saw a curious checkered puffer who was quite interested in my gear. I wanted to poke my finger out, but remembered the lost finger incident with a puffer a year ago in Jupiter, and kept my fingers to myself...well, until I swam over him and had to reach down and pet his back.
Not many fish on the reef. The reef is in pretty bad shape, and it seems the effects of the hurricanes are finally taking their toll. Very sad, not many fish, and lots of algeas. We ended up a bit north, and had a bit of a walk south to our exit. The seas calmed slightly, and the exit was much more graceful than the entry.
As always, good diving with Marvel, good to dive with Simon again, and a pleasure diving with James. For the record...there were 3 BP/W setups and one Zeagle corset BC. Hmmm... the times, they are a changin'.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom