LBTS: 5/18/08 Hibiscus at 8-9 AM (or so)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marvel

Just me
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have this horrible cold right now & was resigned to sitting out the weekend when Steve showed up this morning & talked me into going out for a dive. "We can turn around if your ears bother you," he convincingly said to me. So I grabbed my gear & away we went for a wonderful 1 1/2 hour dive. The highlights were a turtle about 40 minutes into the dive & a large patch of what looks like baby anemones at Datura.

Anyway, I'm going to do a dive tomorrow morning at about 8-9 AM if anyone wants to join me. I want to go back & take a closer look at that patch &, of course, just toodle around a bit. (Not so) Secret parking spot if Hibiscus is all filled up by then- down at the Holiday Inn. :wink:

I should have stuck around but I was kind of hot, hiking around in my gear.

I should have stuck around but I was kind of hot, hiking around in my gear.

Yeah, we passed you in the water near Datura- you were heading back. Ah well, next time!

LOL! Just show up sometime between 8 & 9, as you did today. There's a gang going out of Datura as well, I hear. We've finally got good diving again!!! :fruit:

Hello my friend :wink:
Marvel is the 3rd reef line, straight out from Hibiscus nice? Is it like 45 minute swim?

Hello my friend :wink:
Marvel is the 3rd reef line, straight out from Hibiscus nice? Is it like 45 minute swim?

It is really nice- there's a bit of a eastward facing ledge out there. I admit, I haven't been there for a couple of years. IMHO, it's a dive best done by kayak, not as a swim out- that reef line is out at the ball buoys. You have to be pretty darned good on air to get there & back- it does take about 45 minutes if you drop down on the first reef & go from there. The times I've done it, more than one person has run out of air on the way back. It's definitely doable, though!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom