Lazer eye surgery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One caution about the procedure in general: make sure the diameter of the circle they plan to burn exceeds your maximum pupil dilation. A freind had it done, the surgeon didn't check first, and it turns out his eyes dilate to a greater diameter. His vision is great until light levels dim to the point where his pupil dilation hits the scarring around the edge at which point his vision suddenly blurs and cannot be corrected by any means.

I just had Lasik done last week (Thursday) and have had no problems at all. Not even pain - although I felt like I had sand in my eyes for the rest of the afternoon. My doctor advised 10 days for swimming/diving. I'm down to 20/20 the day after. Follow-up appointment at 1 month & they say it usually gets better. Love it! I can see the alarm clock in the morning :)

One con - now I have to go shopping for a new mask (or at least lenses) and you know I won't be able to get out of the shop with just that :)

Seeing the alarm-clock in the morning is a good thing???? I think that the only thing which has kept my alarm-clock in one piece over the past years is, that I can't see it (let alone find it) in the morning, to toss towards the wall....:wink:

Otherwise, congrats on the new eyes. I'm too much of a coward to even attempt such procedures for myself -- although the excuse I use officially is, that "glasses are a fashion-statement" :)

Back
Top Bottom