Layflat Captain's Chair DIY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CuzzA

Wetwork for Hire
Reaction score
Sure. Cuzza, please stick to your arm chair. :D :D :D

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This is a new thread created to discuss CuzzA's DIY Captain's chair from his personal boat build. Enjoy

You mean the one I custom built for my dive boat? It's pretty sweet. The arms of the helm chair flip up and I welded pull pins so I can lay the back flat to a lid so I can access the starboard side tank bench that holds eight tanks.

You mean the one I custom built for my dive boat? It's pretty sweet. The arms of the helm chair flip up and I welded pull pins so I can lay the back flat to a lid so I can access the starboard side tank bench that holds eight tanks.
photos of that chair would be cool to see. .....for a friend of course

photos of that chair would be cool to see. .....for a friend of course
Sure. :wink: Any questions, just let me know. I would have preferred to just buy a helm chair, but I could not find any that would lay flat. I need it to lay flat to open the lid for the starboard side tank bench. Port side tank storage was no issue as the bench serves as comfortable seating.

20190706_211954.jpg
20190706_212048.jpg
20190706_212141.jpg

Look at you @CuzzA … a full thread for your chair. And it sure deserves it!!!!

Haha, well it was not my intention for a dedicated "arm chair" thread. If you would like to read the whole thread you can at the Hull Truth. I need to update the thread, but all I've been doing is fairing, which may be the worst job in the world, and that kind of progress really doesn't show in pictures. Fiberglass looks flat in a picture whether it's been faired or not. I got another coat laid down today... more sanding. Cough, sneeze, itch. :(

CuzzA's B25 Dive Bomber Rebuild - The Bertram 25 - The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum

Pete, while I fabricated and engineered the skeleton of the chair, I can't take credit for the upholstery. I have a woman who makes marine cushions, upholstery and canopies from her house. It's a bit funny as she's so good she does a lot of big name boat builds, yet she just works out of her house with her cats.

I'm on that forum. Used it when I rebuilt my '67 Fibra,

I want to build a cedar strip canoe and then a ceder strp flats boat. I have lots of cedar here.

I'm on that forum. Used it when I rebuilt my '67 Fibra,

I want to build a cedar strip canoe and then a ceder strp flats boat. I have lots of cedar here.
Line all your closets and the kitchen pantry if you have one with the cedar.

Michael

Haha, well it was not my intention for a dedicated "arm chair" thread. If you would like to read the whole thread you can at the Hull Truth. I need to update the thread, but all I've been doing is fairing, which may be the worst job in the world, and that kind of progress really doesn't show in pictures. Fiberglass looks flat in a picture whether it's been faired or not. I got another coat laid down today... more sanding. Cough, sneeze, itch. :(

CuzzA's B25 Dive Bomber Rebuild - The Bertram 25 - The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum
Fun to read through that thread. Sort of like coming across Project Binky midway through - Project Binky - The Series - YouTube . Here's hoping the end comes a bit quicker :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom