Layang Layang or Mabul - Kapalai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wonder what's the advantage of LOB as far as Sipadan is concerned. Since Mabul/Kapalai/Sipadan are all very close to each other, commuting time from resort is not all that bad. Does Celebes go to some other sites that the resorts do not usually cover as well? One advantage I could see would be the dawn dive at Sipadan Drop Off, LOB would definitely give a bit more sleeping time before having to get ready to greet those bumpheads or chance to see hammerheads.

I have not been on MV Celebes.

I have seen their LOB in areas other than Kapalai, Mabul and Sipadan.

The normal operators will not go to far away sites like Mataking, Buhoyan, Padanan..., it is simply way too far. There are many more islands out there in that area, still relatively undived or even explored. Even nearby sites like Mid Reef are seldom visited by the regular operators. Hence the LOB gives you the oppurtunity to visit a good variety of sites off the beaten track.

Cool, thanks for the info, now we just need someone to try out the Celebes. :) It sounded like it could be very interesting.

Hi,

Mabul gives you 3 boat dives and i believe unlimited shallow shore dives !

I like the resort. Great food .

Barracuda point at Sipadan is fantastic ! Huge Schools of huge barras that you cannot see through. They swim around in a vortex and if you get under and then rise up you can swim right in the middle of the vortex. Really something else !

I'm going there next week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom