laws

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks TwoBit.
It looks like I really only missed the one rule about being within 150 ft of shore; but if you think about it, that means you're probably not in the channel and impeding normal boat traffic lanes. Also, I see we now have a new "Recreational Permit Requirement". Isn't that interesting?

JR

As stated in the previous threads, as long as you abide by the rules and regs for boating and diving, you can pretty much get in your boat and dive most anywhere at PK.

I have been taking my boat out there for years and dive all over the lake. Just make sure you abide by the laws and use some common sense as well. (Like don't dive in the middles of a busy boating area, even if you are legal, it just pisses people off and is dangerous)

So if you go out to hells's gate, just make sure to tie off/anchor on the lake side of the shore or island away from the boat channels. (your still within 150ft of the shoreline) And keep someone in the boat at all times, just in case. Definitely pull a flag. It is pretty cool wall dive when the conditions are right.

Randy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom