Lavacore Full Suit in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RalphJr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I posted this in "Exposure Suits" also.

Can you say comfortable! Underwater it just disappeared it was like wearing nothing at all yet I had full protection from that unexpected bump into something as I filmed in the current. The water temperature on all 19 dives ranged from 82F to 84F and we made 4 dives on one of the days. I never got cold. October is in the rainy season and we had rain several times on the fast Dive Paradise boats we chartered. I wore my jacket with hood to keep the rain from pelting my head and face accept for that I would not have needed a jacket. The Lavacore suit was excellent in the wind all by itself as evaporative cooling was minimal. It is a little sticky to put on if you are wet and it is dry. It came off very easily. It dried fast even in the really humid conditions. I love this suit and recommend it without reservation for tropical waters.

An observation or two that will help if you get a Lavacore suit: Wear a speedo, thin cotton underwear or nothing at all underneath it. My bathing suit with built-in mesh underwear rode up in the crotch due to the inherent grain of the inner fleece layer and caused some chaffing. This was totally relieved by wearing just thin underwear instead of a bathing suit. I am 5'3" 190 pounds with a long torso and short legs and arms - so nothing off of the rack ever fits me. The arms and legs were fairly easy to shorten. I have moderate sewing skills and the fabric was not hard to work with. Use Wooly nylon thread for your bobbin thread regular nylon thread for the top with your best stretch stitch.

I have a full Lavacore as well. It is very nice in the 80"ish" range. I really like mine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom