Laundramat in Cozumel & Cell Phone Information

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't add anything to ddeborahdelamar's great post except to point out that, for some reason, SIM's are more expensive at the TelCel contract store below the Mega and less expensive at an Oxxo.

ddeborahdelamar, is there a chance you might provide a walk-through of the process to register a phone via *264? I've tried a couple of times and just don't grok Spanish well enough. I tried having a local friend help but didn't get much farther.

ddeborahdelamar, is there a chance you might provide a walk-through of the process to register a phone via *264? I've tried a couple of times and just don't grok Spanish well enough. I tried having a local friend help but didn't get much farther.

It's been a few years...You think I remember?! I know that you have to call when the Telcel customer-service operators are working -- in other words, during your morning dive trip, Monday-Friday only. Easy enough to put the phone in a ziplok, take it on the boat & ask a DM to help you during the SI.

BTW: the double-d is a typo that I'm too lazy to have corrected. The children's song is "Deborah (Vibora to those of you grew up with it) de la Mar", or just Deb for you.

You think I remember?!

What? You don't memorize every little thing for my personal convenience?

Now that you point out that customer service reps may not be available in the afternoon, that may explain part of my previous failures.

There are several laundry places in downtown San Miguel.
The one I used most was on Avenida 10 between Calle 7 & 9. Nice couple would wash/dry/fold it for about USD 5 / 10 pounds. Only drawback is they are often overloaded, a couple of times I dropped it off in the afternoon and they told me it wouldn't be ready until the next day. Plan accordingly. They also do sewing repairs at a ridiculous cost, I wish I had brought more torn clothes with me on that trip :wink:

Sorry to revive an older thread but I was wondering if anyone can tell me specifically how to find this place? Is it a house, or a shop, or??? Do the owners speak english?

We are going for our longest trip to Coz yet and will need to do laundry, and spending half a vacation day in a laundromat just seems like a waste!

If anyone knows any other reasonably priced laundry services I'll take that info, too.

Thanks in advance!

I don't know if the owners of the lavanderia I mentionned speak English, but that shouldn't be an issue. Just bring your laundry, they'll weigh it in front of you, tell you how much it costs, give you a receipt with price paid and pick up time, and you're done.

To find it, from the ferry pier, walk south on Rafael Melgar (the waterfront) for 4 blocks until you find Calle 7 (after Casa Mexicana). Turn left on Calle 7, walk two blocks inland, then make a right on Avenida 10. Cross the street and walk south half a block. You'll come across a tiny blue shop with a "Lavanderia" sign put out front. There it is.

There other laundry shops, I picked this one because it was the closest to my place. And cheap (USD5 or less for a full load, washed, dried and folded). They also do sewing and repair at very low costs.

Get a copy of the "Blue book" (the tiny free tourist magazine) at your hotel or in a restaurant. I've seen ads for laundry services there. Including for a place that does pick up and delivery.

Sorry to revive an older thread but I was wondering if anyone can tell me specifically how to find this place? Is it a house, or a shop, or??? Do the owners speak english?

We are going for our longest trip to Coz yet and will need to do laundry, and spending half a vacation day in a laundromat just seems like a waste!

If anyone knows any other reasonably priced laundry services I'll take that info, too.

Thanks in advance!

It's around the corner from my house. If you know where Mega is (Melgar and 11th), walk 2 blocks east on 11th and turn left on 10th (1 block behind Mega rear parking lot). Walk 1.5 blocks and it is about 1/2 way down the 2nd block on east side of the street.

There's another one on 11th just east of the Mega parking lot, which is where I do our laundry. I drop it off in the machines (it's about 20 pesos per load), get groceries, and then pick up wet laundry on the way home and put it on our lines. That is the cheapest way. Slightly more expensive is to have them handle everything, including drying, folding, bagging etc. You can pick it up at your convenience then but within about 2-3 hours soonest. Cost will depend on how much time the loads need in the dryer (dryers being more expensive to operate than washing machines) but it's nominal. I'm guessing about 75 pesos per load :idk:, total (folding, bags etc). I do this is weather isn't great of if it's my last day on the island and I need to be certain stuff will be safe from mildew until I get back again.

Order a Cancun map, the laundry mats should be marked on there I believe. We always get our laundry done the day before we leave.....notihng beats coming home with 95% of your stuff clean! :)

Back
Top Bottom