Lauderdale this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BIGSAGE136:
Jenny...can your reg handle HP?
I dunno whats HP? Hewlett Packard? LOL
I have the "standard config" setup....whatever is the "norm" is what I have, nothin' fancy...

Sorry..my bad..HP is for high pressure. I dive HP steel and DIN. Your reg, even though I can put on a yoke adapter, may not tolerate the high pressure. And I cant afford a new reg right now. There are visions of back plates dancing in my head.

Depths to 20 feet???? This is the Venice dive all over again. WHat is the scenery down in Lauderdale at 20'? I will try my very hardest to be there at 8 but unless something major happens I will be there before 9. Do I need to bring tanks or is there a dive shop close?

Better than Venice. There is reef here!
I would suggest bringing your own tanks if you can. I know there is some shops nearby, but since they aren't ones I frequent I don't know anything about them...hopefully Mike will post details when he reads this thread...

Made arrangements for the kid to spend the night at friends, so I will be there for sunrise..Oliver, you game, right? Anybody else? Looks like a 2 dive day for us! Cool! On my way to get the tank filled....
Dive #1 Sunrise dive (anybody got an extra light?? :))
Dive #2 9AM or earlier if everybody shows

So far:
Klausbh
scuba_jenny
TNARC1
BIGSAGE136
MikeJacobs

Made arrangements for the kid to spend the night at friends, so I will be there for sunrise..Oliver, you game, right?

Gotcha covered. Cars loaded. Both tanks filled to 3400. Set up 1 hr to sunrise NOAA
time.

showboat:
what time should we be there for the first dive and what time roughly is the first dive

JANUARY 3 2004.......SUNRISE 708 AM EST SUNSET 542 PM EST

So, I am planning on being there by 6AM, ready to dive...

BTW...while looking for the sunrise time at noaa.gov.... got this forecast:

Overnight. Partly cloudy with patchy fog. Lows in the lower 60s. Light east winds.

Saturday. Partly sunny with early patchy fog. Highs in the lower 80s. East winds around 10 mph.

Saturday night. Partly cloudy with lows in the lower 60s. East winds 5 mph.

Sunday. Mostly sunny with highs in the lower 80s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

Sunday night. Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower to mid 60s. Light wind.​

Looks good to me! Let's go diving!
Dan, glad you will be able to make it...

Dive #2 is 9AM

I will make dive #2. I will be hitting the road about the time you guys go out the first time. If there is an odd man out perhaps I will have a buddy for the second dive.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom