'Lauderdale shore dive map...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know too much about regulations regarding 'information sharing' on the 'net, but I'd guess you would have to get permission from publishers/authors to use their info from books. I don't really know though...

My thoughts would be that you could try to get first hand info from people like Scuba_Jenny, DennisS, and others that actually do beach dives in the area and post that info on the web page. If they were willing they could give you info on locations and parking, best entry/exit spots, depth, usual critter reports, etc. from their own logs and experience. Call or email some local dive shops and get info from them if they are willing to share.

I used to do a lot of beach diving when I first moved here, and I enjoyed it a lot, but since I got a boat It's hard to justify beach dives when I am dumping money into that hole in the water (boat) that I love/hate so much...

The above probably isn't much help :rolleyes: But I hope you can get something put up online... I am sure it would be helpful to a lot of people, especially those new to the area, or new to diving - beach dives down here are not only convenient and great dives, but also a great way for new/novice divers to gain experience and confidence. My first 20 or so dives after certification were Broward beach dives and I know that they helped my diving improve a great deal and helped prepare me a lot for the deeper stuff.

Well, now I am just ramblin'... Good luck...

-Joe

Thats cool! I wonder what the chacnes are of getting a clickable visual map of all the sites up there...

DennisS once bubbled...
Dive shop/museum , Ed's been around diving awhile, I hope I'm that spry when I'm 88. He's still humping tanks in and out of the bath...
Mike bought the place, is putting in a classroom...
Mike told me Ed will be 90 this month. Both of them are real characters!
I try not to go anywhere else, more $$ there or not, they have always treated me like a person, not just a customer who needs to be parted from their money. All for supporting local businesses.

See..that to me is very cool. Its a shame there arent more shops like that. I tried to look up Fish Enterprises online and got a wide variety of things, some in arabic and asian. I figured they weren't the right references. I'll have to check this place out :)

Hmm, I know of somebody who does some good webdesign, but not the backend stuff (scripts and stuff) and is willing to make some pages with clickable maps, but it would need to be hosted somewhere and that takes $$. It could be hosted at someplace like yahoo or geocities where its free, but you get what you pay for!
PM me if you are interested in helping out, as in scoping the project out...
of course suggestions are always welcome!

I'm looking at a copy of Ned DeLoach's "Diving Guide to Underwater Florida" that I borrowed from the Palm Beach County Library system.

Is "Beach Diving and Snorkeling Locations" that much better?

They compliment each other. If you want general places to go, the Underwater guide is good. For local, the "Beach Diving and Snorkeling Locations" is better. For really local, you need to find a local diver. For instance, my copy of the underwater guide (its a few years old) mentions quite a few beach dives in Hollywood, but doesn't mention all of them, while the Beach Diving and Snorkeling doesn't mention anything south of Dania Beach.

If I had to only have one I would take the Beach and Snorkeling one because the locations are explained using graphical refereneces vs. the underwaters guide is text.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom