Lauderdale by the Sea shore dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No I have a Blue PT cruiser with a stylish dent in the front . Easy to spot , please flag me down. Will be diving pepper this sunday 22nd if the seas cooperate.

Does anyone have a current viz report ,or what was it like over the weekend.

We had about 40ft off Hibiscus Saturday morning, with a gently northerly current.

thanks didn't get to dive this past weekend lounged around house. Planning on sunday heading down at least to Pepper Park. Looking to do Datura again Labor day weekend some time. Viz is quite a bit higher now it looks like. It's all cool out there on the reef but see anything awe inspiring?
Also what's up with those spotted eels? we have been seeing them alot mid day after 2ish before it gets dark. Scared the wife, first time, she thought it was a snake.

I was hoping to get some beach diving in this weekend but the forecast doesn't look so hot.....

Tonight
East winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 1 to 2 feet with a dominant period 7 seconds. Mostly smooth on the intracoastal waters. Chance of showers in the evening. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening with a slight chance of showers after midnight.
Saturday
East winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 3 to 4 feet with a dominant period 14 seconds. A moderate chop on the intracoastal waters. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon.
Saturday Night
East winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet. A light chop on the intracoastal waters. Chance of showers and slight chance of thunderstorms.
Sunday
Northeast winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 4 to 6 feet. A moderate chop on the intracoastal waters. Chance of showers and slight chance of thunderstorms.
Sunday Night
East winds 15 knots. Seas 5 to 6 feet. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms

I'll be in FLL end of this week. Arriving Wednesday around noon and departing Saturday morning.

Anyone doing some (shore) dives Wednesday afternoon or Thursday evening?

Highly unlikely. I recommend you check out Blue Heron Bridge instead.

Wednesday... Northeast winds 14 to 17 knots. Seas 4 to 6 feet. Intracoastal waters a light chop. Slight chance of showers.

Wednesday Night... North northeast winds 13 to 16 knots becoming north 7 to 10 knots. Seas 4 to 6 feet. North northeast swell 2 feet. Intracoastal waters a light chop. Slight chance of showers.

Thursday... Northwest winds 7 to 10 knots becoming north northeast. Seas 4 to 6 feet. North northeast swell 2 to 3 feet. Intracoastal waters a light chop. Slight chance of showers.

Thursday Night... Southeast winds 9 to 12 knots becoming south southeast 5 to 8 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet. North northeast swell 2 to 3 feet becoming 2 feet. Intracoastal waters a light chop. Slight chance of showers.

Friday... South winds 5 to 6 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet. North northeast swell 2 feet. Intracoastal waters smooth. Slight chance of showers.

Highly unlikely. I recommend you check out Blue Heron Bridge instead.

Wednesday... Northeast winds 14 to 17 knots. Seas 4 to 6 feet. Intracoastal waters a light chop. Slight chance of showers.

Wednesday Night... North northeast winds 13 to 16 knots becoming north 7 to 10 knots. Seas 4 to 6 feet. North northeast swell 2 feet. Intracoastal waters a light chop. Slight chance of showers.

Thursday... Northwest winds 7 to 10 knots becoming north northeast. Seas 4 to 6 feet. North northeast swell 2 to 3 feet. Intracoastal waters a light chop. Slight chance of showers.

Thursday Night... Southeast winds 9 to 12 knots becoming south southeast 5 to 8 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet. North northeast swell 2 to 3 feet becoming 2 feet. Intracoastal waters a light chop. Slight chance of showers.

Friday... South winds 5 to 6 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet. North northeast swell 2 feet. Intracoastal waters smooth. Slight chance of showers.

So I shouldn't bother bringing my gear at all and just grab a beer instead?

Yes, that would be the better idea. And don't count on enjoying your adult beverage at a sidewalk cafe, either. It's raining like hell here and Earl and Fiona aren't even up here yet.

+1 on diving the Blue Heron Bridge for local shore diving since offshore may be unpredictable.
I'd dive with you, but I'm working those days.

Iztok, Blue Heron Bridge Tides for the days you are here. Looks like afternoon dives on those days.

W 1 High 1:25 AM 3.0 7:00 AM Set 1:59 PM 58
1 Low 7:53 AM 0.8 7:40 PM
1 High 2:25 PM 3.0
1 Low 8:27 PM 1.4

Th 2 High 2:24 AM 2.8 7:00 AM Rise 12:38 AM 48
2 Low 8:59 AM 0.8 7:39 PM Set 2:57 PM
2 High 3:29 PM 3.0
2 Low 9:36 PM 1.4

F 3 High 3:33 AM 3.0 7:01 AM Rise 1:36 AM 37
3 Low 10:07 AM 0.7 7:38 PM Set 3:51 PM
3 High 4:36 PM 3.1
3 Low 10:45 PM 1.2