latex or a 3mm neoprene neck seal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beaverdivers

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Which do prefer a latex or a 3mm neoprene comfort-fit neck seal?

The neoprene is warmer and more buoyant. But it really comes down to which one is more comfortable. I have had both and now use latex. If you can find a way to try both out you should do so.

I was told by many people that neoprene is warmer but I did not see a difference after switching from neoprene to latex (most of my dives are in 4°C / 39°F water) ... I think it is just a matter of a good fitting hood (Waterproof 5/7mm w/ bib in my case)

Neither. I use Silicon now and will never go back. Silicon is much more comfortable, stretchy, chemically resistant, and is field replicable.

Agreed! If you have dry gloves the neck seal is what can end a dive so why not have it field serviceable, which also gives you the ability to use silicon.

Can you add silicon seals to any drysuit?

Which drysuits come with silicon seals?

You can add the Si-Teck Nectite to most any suit, along with wrist rings.

What kind of suit and dry gloves do you currently have?

Personally I have found latex to be superior for the wrists, with silicon at the neck but that is easily debatable by many.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom