Latest Vintage Gear Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DA Aquamaster:
I think if more people experienced this and understood it, they would dive with a lot less junk hanging off them.
I agree wholeheartedly with your idea! I stopped diving and just snorkeled for quite a while because I felt like an astronaut with all that stuff. I love the old style simplicity!!!

I do enjoy the vintage diving, but as I dive every day for work, as a dive instructor, dive guide, I may be a bit complacent about gearing up, in my usual order. With the vintage gear, I have to remember to put the weight belt on last. Over the straps.
Just slightly different, but important.
Aloha Turtleguy

Great pics Turtleguy! Hey, if you get a chance, please send me an email so we can discuss vintage dive gear. I have a few questions (other vintage gear divers, please email as well). Just take out the NOSPAM in my address. Cheers, bryon

jetfinNOSPAM@hushmail.com

Thats funny that you mention this...

I just had an 'incident' with my buddy on Sunday when he panicked due to task laoding' for all the danglies and stuff he had hanging off his BC. Camera, light, console and octo retractors, safety sausage, etc. He looked like a 'barrel' with all this stuff around his torso!

I'm unloading a bunch of my 'tech gear' in lieu of an Aqua Lung DA double hoser, US Divers backpack, AL80 with USD J-Valve, Reserve Rod, and USD Horsecollar vest.

Simple, inexpensive, and fun!

bryon:
Hey, if you get a chance, please send me an email so we can discuss vintage dive gear. I have a few questions.

Hey Byron, Welcome to the ScubaBoard!
Feel free to start your own thread as a discussion or with any questions you might have!

Aloha,
Lisa

Aloha all, here are a few more shots of the latest vintage dive.
Aloha Turtleguy

I have been using an old school black rubber Scubapro snorkel for some free diving and ‘vintage’ dives. The only problem I find is that, like my old jet fins, anything the snorkel contacts gets black on it! The mouthpiece rubber is more prone to spreading the smudge than the snorkel tube, for some reason. The jet fins are worse, and a sure way to anger your diving buddies is to throw this old rubber kit in the same bag with their clear silicone gear! I noticed the same degradation (?) with the mouthpieces on my Dacor double hose regs too, but they aren’t as bad as the jetfins. In the end, I switched to a black silicone OMER free diving snorkel for most work and play dives – and leave the old rubber one for the ‘vintage dives’.

ScoobieDooo:
Hmm,
I have been seeking a simple, smooth-tubed snorkel.

I see where Omer has a new, silicone tube model freedivers use...

Aloha All
We got more of the vintage photos processed. Its strange, but with so many of our photos from digital cameras, it now takes us longer to get the old film camera photos ready to show
Turtleguy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom