Latest Fantasy Island Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, it's definitely not a seahorse, because it doesn't have the long snout. It was almost like a cross between a seahorse and a pipefish!

Sorry, it looks like a seahorse-shaped sponge. But good eye!

I certainly understand why you think so, and I am inclined to agree with you, but something is just not right. How would a piece of sponge attach to the sea rod this thing is on? If you look closely or enhance this image, you will see that this thing is wrapped around the sea rod just like a seahorse would be. In my experience, sponges grow directly off of a subject...there is nothing to wrap around it :confused:

I certainly understand why you think so, and I am inclined to agree with you, but something is just not right. How would a piece of sponge attach to the sea rod this thing is on? If you look closely or enhance this image, you will see that this thing is wrapped around the sea rod just like a seahorse would be. In my experience, sponges grow directly off of a subject...there is nothing to wrap around it :confused:

I've been reading too many bad science fiction novels recently. It's a seahorse that has been attacked by the creature from Alien, and wrapped in silk, as baby food...

Very nice pics Jackie!!! I'm getting so excited about our trip to Utila in two weeks!

Excited for a VERY good reason...have a wonderful time :admingreet:

Great photos, thanks for sharing.

I didn't read the replies, so forgive me if I'm restating the answer, but your unknown coral photo is of Tunicates.

HTH

Loverly! Love the Smurf shrooms. Thanks for posting. You should get some great muck shots

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom