Latest entry requirement to Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would imagine if "Phuket Sandbox" is confirmed then SHA could well be history or more alternatives are available?
Just wait and see for the development. It shouldn't take long.

Questions for @stevenl and other locals -

• How is Phuket area diving in August timeframe? Weather, visibility, sea conditions, etc?
  • Will diving off day boats be allowed during the initial 7 days of semi-quarantine?
  • Are there dive sites in the area that are suitable for kids? Got an 11 y/o niece who's done some try dives and wants to get certified
I know it'd be better to come in November and onward, but my sister is a teacher, so her time off is during the summer vacation, and I need to burn some of my vacation days before October, or I start losing them, therefore I'm looking at August. Maybe spend the mandatory week in Phuket and then hop over to Samui/Tao where it's prime season at that point.
Time of year has no effect on visibility here, but weather might. That means Racha Yai and Racha Yai will be possible and safe to go to nearly every day, and there are sheltered bays there. King Cruiser area will be possible most days but can be challenging depending on the wind. Phi Phi area is at the moment discussing a ban on diving at the best sites, which would make a trip from Phuket not worthwhile.
Yes, diving at Rachas is allowed during the 7 days of being confined to Phuket
Racha Noi and Racha Yai are very suitable for kids and leaners.

Back
Top Bottom