Latest entry requirement to Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reading those trip reports - it's bad here in Cozumel without cruise ships but man oh man we have it really good as compared....... I feel for everyone in the whole world, the pain from this is unimaginable.......
Very lucky over your side!
Take good care.

Questions for @stevenl and other locals -

• How is Phuket area diving in August timeframe? Weather, visibility, sea conditions, etc?
  • Will diving off day boats be allowed during the initial 7 days of semi-quarantine?
  • Are there dive sites in the area that are suitable for kids? Got an 11 y/o niece who's done some try dives and wants to get certified
I know it'd be better to come in November and onward, but my sister is a teacher, so her time off is during the summer vacation, and I need to burn some of my vacation days before October, or I start losing them, therefore I'm looking at August. Maybe spend the mandatory week in Phuket and then hop over to Samui/Tao where it's prime season at that point.

Not local.
There is NO quarantine required for fully vaccinated person from 1st July onward( if the "sandbox" is implemented) as long as you stay on the island for the first 7 days. Scuba diving is allowed since 1st June.
Have a nice time.

There is NO quarantine required for fully vaccinated person from 1st July onward( if the "sandbox" is implemented) as long as you stay on the island for the first 7 days. Scuba diving is allowed since 1st June.

I know there's no quarantine, but under the proposed rules, you're supposed to stay on the island for the first seven days, and Phuket dive sites are pretty far out at sea, so this makes it a little bit of a gray area that I'd like to clear up. Also, you're supposed to keep to SHA Plus rated establishments during this period, and I haven't seen any information thus far as to whether this will cover dive shops and dive boats.

Where to stay
That is from the "local". #17 and #19 on diving from Phuket.

As for the SHA I am afraid you have to look it up yourself.
Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom