Latest entry requirement to Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Advanced nitrox comes before Deco Procedure.
Ask Gunter for clarification.

I took advanced nitrox + decompression procedures + tech sidemount together as a single course.

I took advanced nitrox + decompression procedures + tech sidemount together as a single course.
As a single course.
But why would anyone who is NOT interested in SM want to spend time/money on it?

But AN isn't actually required as a prereq for DP TDI Decompression Procedures Diver - International Training - SDI | TDI | ERDI | PFI

I understand the logic of AN + DP + SM as a single course and would go that route if I could afford it.

AN is not a requirement for DP insofar as nothing stops you from decompressing on EAN32 or even air - it just takes a lot longer - but the two courses really complement each other. Sidemount is optional, not sure why anyone would make it mandatory, unless they're trying to sell courses, or maybe steering students into cave diving.

I've been diving a bit with Charles from Kiwi Divers, he's cool, but he's on the recreational side of that shop - his partner runs the technical side; I don't know him.

The first paragraph said it very clearly:
The DP and AN form all the foundation of all other technical courses. After these two courses.......
Which means DP and AN are requirements for all other tech courses, not that they are prerequisites for each other.

Scrolling down a bit:

Course prerequisites:​

• Minimum age 18
  • Minimum certification of SDI Advanced Adventure Diver, Advanced Diver, or equivalent
  • Proof of 25 logged open water dives
No need to guess or interpret what they mean.

You still have to do the AN regardless.
I wonder if anyone with eg IANTD Advanced Nitrox can enroll directly for the DP course.

You still have to do the AN regardless.
I wonder if anyone with eg IANTD Advanced Nitrox can enroll directly for the DP course.
If it's truly required instead of just a preference, it would be much clearer if TDI actually says so. So far I've only had that one instructor mentioning the course, the other ones seem satisfied with my Rescue+Nitrox certs.

Just arrived in Phuket. The street is pretty quiet.

5D7DC6D0-D274-417A-83CA-01DF11D36405.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom